Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wonderful Week


Babies, Blessings and Beautiful Weather....

What a week! I have just received the news that my niece has given birth to a little girl! She has an eighteen month old son so life is just starting to get exciting in their house!
Last Thursday, one of my friends also gave birth to a little pink one ~ her eighth daughter!!!
And yesterday, yet another girl was born to our pastor and his wife, their sixth daughter. Since they have also had eight boys perhaps not quite as dramatic as the eighth daughter family! but wonderful none the less.
What amazing blessings God has shown to these families with safe deliveries and healthy children. May each little girl be a precious treasure and delight in their own home and family.


oOo


It was also a really positive week school wise. Phew... I feel as though a great burden has been lifted this year. My very gracious volunteers are doing a marvellous job and the boys are taking it all very well. I do not know, nor am I banking on, a great breakthrough in the reading department but I am pleased to say there is a good attitude to regular book work and to the activities we are adding. Dealing with the attitudes and hurdles of confidence first will, Lord Willing, help to bring about the progress I so desire, but building their characters is still the most important. So, I am pleased that they are settling into the new year, some new school work and new routines so well.


oOo


The spin off rain from Cyclone Olga have been wonderful. We had over 250ml (the gauge ran over and no one had thought to go out and empty it!) Everywhere is green and lush looking. Under our house will take a while to dry out and the river will rise for a week or so. Further out, where my brothers have properties, there was not nearly as much rain. They need it desperately. Thankfully, many western and northern areas did receive good rainfall for which we are thankful. It is still steamy but the temperature is quite pleasant.


oOo


Many of our homeschool mums met to organize a calendar for the year. Our group has grown to forty families so this is no small undertaking. We look forward to a year of swimming, sports, educational excursions, art and craft, a concert........ I am tired just thinking about it. It is very encouraging to have new and enthusiastic families joining in each year. Bringing with them fresh ideas, energy which some of us old hands are running short of.


Have a great weekend one and all.



12 comments:

  1. Your homeschool group sounds wonderful. I had my younger girls asking me to homeschool them again after less than a week back to school. Even Possum is interested. Unfortunately, after looking into it a little, HB has decided it's not a good idea. Oh well, I will just have to help them as much as I an at home.

    Congratulations on all the little pink bundles arriving safely - there are some big families in Qld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds wonderful where you are. And all those precious girls. I wonder though, for the one who had so many daughters already if having another one was a surprise or somewhat expected!! At least that's the point that we got to after having 9 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum-me,
    Pray and keep your powder dry! If god wants you to home school one day, He will work in Dad-de's heart I reckon. You obviously do a lot with the kids and are very involved. That is great ~ for them, but it also means if problems do arrise you are there and know what's going on. From all I have read you are doing a great job with the half-dozen.
    We do have some very large families around here, especially among the home schoolers. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad things are moving along well with your boys. That's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia,
    My friend says she wouldn't know what to do with a boy! Hubby says he held out hope right to the moment of delivery! He is a sonderful father to his girls. Also, there were a few dramas at the end and Dad was just thankful that the baby was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good gracious - that's some grand, big families!

    Glad you got some rain, and that the schooling is going well with the boys.

    I'm cracking up at your nick-name! I think I could've been called that as well ;D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing we've outgrown it, isn't it, Julie? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fabulous week!!! I am pregnant with number 3 which feels like a lot of kids to me until I read posts like that and I realise we may be going to be above the 'average' but we are not big yet LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. Caz! In some circles my family of 4 children is big. But in my own family and friends it is definately average with quite a few larger and as you can see a number of VERY large ones. Like I said, children are a blessing and I thank God for them.
    P.S. I hope your pregnancy is progressing well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruby,
    Praise God for the rain - all 250 mls of it! Praise Him also for the safe delivery of your niece's baby girl - very precious! :D

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Blessings,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear about the progress in homeschooling. Good attitudes will definately help the learning. I love homeschooling my children, but it is also a refreshing break for all of the family when someone else teaches a subject or two. It's funny you're starting a new year, we are just starting second semester. I always take June, July and August off. What months do you have off?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby, what a lovely encouraging week!
    We have been enjoying the same wonderful rain at our place - although I know that we are not nearly as desparate for it as you are - but it is needed here nonetheless. Our backyard turned into a 'swimming pool' again, which it has not done for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.