
Today marks the birth of my first child, twenty three years ago. I wrote about My Firstborn Son on his birthday last year. Also some of my thoughts in From a Mother's Heart, so I will link to those today. I thank God for this little boy, who we knew for such a short time but have loved so much all these years. Special memories, bitter sweet. The years have taken away the pain but not the sheer joy and thankfulness of having been his mother. ♥♥♥
Such a beautiful poem. So full of thoughtful words. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't believe it's been a full year since I've 'met' you but it has been because I remember your post about your son so well.
ReplyDeletetake care
Ah Ruby, I've had tears with you before over that beautiful post. Prayers too. Once again, praying with and for you and your husband today in your sadness. Cyberhugs to my special friend.
ReplyDeletevery beautiful Ruby. Hugs to you today. Your words, 23 years later, about the joy of his short life are very encouraging.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad, that as a child of God, you will get the opportunity to see your son again.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing what must have been a really ♥-wrenching event in your life. God has him in His everlasting arms, now, but I'm sure that you already knew that.
Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Jillian
"The years have taken away the pain but not the sheer joy and thankfulness of having been his mother."
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting that Ruby.
"The joys we lose are but forecast,
And we shall find them all once more:
We look behind us for the past,
But lo, tis all before."
(a poem I read by an anonymous author years ago, that stuck fast to my mind)
Hugs to you Ruby , and lots of admiration and respect too. I think you're a very beautiful woman to be able to write about your son like this. xxx
ReplyDelete