Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Roll on Monday!


Next Monday is March 1st..... The official first day of Autumn in this part of the country.

Perhaps it will herald a cool change. {sigh} I know from many years of living in Central Queensland that the heat and humidity do not realise that it is March and continue merrily on, perhaps for another two months.

After several weeks of much needed rain and cloudy weather, we have had two stifflingly humid days. The build up to more rain no doubt.
I just love the colours in the Autumn leaves picture above. We don't ever see leaves like that here so I thought I would post them just to enjoy the beauty of it. If you are living somewhere that is very cold, may the sun soon shine for you. And to those in the sweltering heat like us, let us endure just a little longer.


"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. "
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

8 comments:

  1. Hey Ruby...love all the seasons! We see the leaves turn this color! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics please Sarah. I just love the look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still hot here during the day bit thankfully not humid. The nights are becoming cooler and soon the leaves will start to turn. I love autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get an autumn too. It needs to be especially cold early to get leaves like those beauties though. Perhaps we all need a homeschool meeting at Sarah's place?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves are beautiful! I love the colors. IT is strange to think that is your season now. We are still in winter and those colors were a delight to see today! I am used to white, white, white around here this time of year. Glad cooler days are headed your way! To every thing there is a time and season and the Lord is so good to remind us of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you talk about your country - I love learning! March 1st is our wedding anniversary, and we chose it because it was during Spring Break from the university we were attending. This is the season where tulips, daffodils and other spring bulbs are peeking up through the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruby,
    It's going to be a VERY cold winter here if my husband's knee doesn't get better quickly, as we don't have any firewood. Brrr...I'm feeling cold just thinking about it!

    Have a wonderful week,
    Blessings,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  8. This morning I am on the gathering stones together and casting stones out--organizing the house. We are going into spring here in Forida after having a cold winter. Love keeping up with Aussies through your blog, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.