
I described last week as wonderful. This one has been good too but with a few dramas to liven things up !
Firstly, I have spent a good deal of time at the computer. If you follow you will know that I had all sorts of dramas with posting. It seems to have stemmed from the autosave and date/time functions, well, not functioning. I'd like to say I couldn't care less, but of course that would not be true. I spent way too much time fiddling and faddling, without any result. Strangely, it does seem to have righted itself. When I lost all the gadgets in the side bar I was very disheartened. As you bloggers know that stuff is time consuming and you need to build it up over a while. I was not looking forward to starting from scratch.
Sometimes I feel convicted about spending too much time on the net and I think this has been a good reminder that I don't need to blog so often. Thanks for all the encouraging comments during this trial everyone ♥
The other project which kept me on the keyboard was doing up the calendar for our Homeschool Group. I've done this job on and off over the years and I do enjoy being involved in this way.
We have quite a few new families over the last couple of years. With them come lots of new children and some wonderfully young and invigorated mothers! I had a friend come over at lunch time Thursday to proof read the many phone numbers and details and thought to leave the printing of the pages until after basketball last night. So of course, it was 8pm before I got to the computer, loaded a new ink cartridge and ...... nothing. Zilch, zip, zero. No response. Ooooooh no, they were to be distributed at swimming at 8am this morning! So after a panicky phone call to another friend, who assured me the group would survive without the calendar, I just had to leave it and headed to bed. It had been a big day.
We have quite a few new families over the last couple of years. With them come lots of new children and some wonderfully young and invigorated mothers! I had a friend come over at lunch time Thursday to proof read the many phone numbers and details and thought to leave the printing of the pages until after basketball last night. So of course, it was 8pm before I got to the computer, loaded a new ink cartridge and ...... nothing. Zilch, zip, zero. No response. Ooooooh no, they were to be distributed at swimming at 8am this morning! So after a panicky phone call to another friend, who assured me the group would survive without the calendar, I just had to leave it and headed to bed. It had been a big day.
So I awoke early and thought perhaps I'd give it one more try. Voila! The printer clattered into action! It then took me another hour to run them off, collate them and staple them up ~ but I delivered the goods as promised!
And in other news...
.
It was another really good week of school and the boys, although not going ahead in leaps and bounds, are enjoying their work and progressing surely and steadily. :-)
We have a regular day to spend time with each of my daughters and their little families. This is special time and I marvel at them anew each time at how gorgeous and special and clever they are!!
Today I watched my eldest feeding her 9 week old, talking on the phone and still helping her little 18month old son with his clothes!!! Hey, I used to be able to do tricks like that. It just goes to show that if you are not using your skills, you just can't keep up the pace. I had trouble juggling a container of food while I pushed the stroller!
.
Hmmmm...on posting I see that I have no colours which I added when I bolded in the post. I had noticed that on one or two colours since I went to this template but now I can't change any. Does anyone have a solution for that??
There are scroll bars and scroll bars. When get the wrong one, I cannot highlight and color (or colour as you spell)or bold, etc. Sometimes it takes two or three tries for me, but I am never as elaborate as you are.
ReplyDeleteGlad your blog came good after all that drama.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the printer - ours does that to me regularly. Sometimes it rights itself and other times I have to get HB to fix it.
Yes, you're right about losing one skill set when you're not using it. I was able to do all those things too once. Now the problem I am faced with is this - if I finally give away the stroller (because Kitcat is really too big for it now) where on earth will I put my bags?? How did I transport my bags before I had a pram??
I find technology frustrating so I understand your pain!! I hope I can juggle like your daughter, I'm gonna need too soon :-)
ReplyDeleteMy printer sometimes has a mind of its own, too, but eventually cooperates. The computer can eat up time especially if it is misbehaving so I understand the frustration. I'm happy to hear about your boys and how well they are doing. I've had to re-learn some baby juggling skills lately with my grand daughter, too. Lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteI share your frustration with technology... ACK!
ReplyDeleteBut your thoughts are worth reading, whatever the format :D
Julie
LOL! It seems that most SAHMs are pretty clueless on technology. I've been learning a little from the commenters about browsers ~ since we have Internet Explorer and it seems to give everyone grief, perhaps that is an area we need to change?
ReplyDeleteMum-me, I never dreamed I would be a Grandma so soon and had given away all baby gear including the cot, stroller and highchair and just hung onto a few toys and all the kids books. Now we have a baby's room again!! Hang onto the stroller I suggest! (Do you notice the number of mums carrying the child with the pram/ stroller ful with shopping!!)
I like reading the words you put in bold.
ReplyDeleteI've been convicted in net time as well and now spend times of fasting from the computer.
Hi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI love the picture at the top of the page. :)
My advice to you is to copy the HTML(right of the Visual tab) from the blog post to your clipboard so that you can undo any unwanted changes. Simply replace the HTML page with the saved one. :D
HTH
Have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian
Oh my goodness! LOL. Like changing hair color or rearranging furniture! And the latest blog doesn't exist. You must be making changes on your Golden Memories post because it says it doesn't exist. Maybe you deleted it.
ReplyDeleteShucks, your Golden Childhood XV comes up on my dashboard but I still can't access it. When I click on the title I get page not found. I wonder what's happening.
ReplyDeleteSorry folks!
ReplyDeleteI will post that Golden Childhood next week:-) I was working on it and tried to transfer the comments which came up during the bungle last week and lost the lot and had to start it over. Now I discover it posted? but didn't show up! Yikes! I changed the template to try to solve some of the colour problems but I see something else has disappeared in the transition :-(