
Jillian at HomeschoolingforChrist has very kindly bestowed this award upon me, and all that I have to do is to tell you six unknown things about myself, and pass the award on to six Gorgeous Bloggers. The trouble is I am way too talkative on my blog and I've had a lot of trouble thinking up six unknown things. Forgive me if you already know these!
xxx
♥ I was born in Mt Morgan. Look it up! This was once one of the booming gold mining towns of Queensland. It lies about three quarters of the way from my childhood home to Rockhampton. Dad and Mum were aiming for me to be born in Rockhampton but got a flat tyre about 20klms out of Mt Morgan and only made it that far....apparently with only minutes to spare!
xxx
♥ I am the sixth of eight children and the fifth girl. My older brother was a bitterly disappointed eight year old when his number five sister arrived. Apparently, he locked his bedroom door from the outside, slid the key in under and ran away, on hearing the dreadful news!
xxx
♥ I love coffee. Long black with a dash of milk.... must be hot!
xxx
♥ The Lord called me and graciously saved me in my early 20s. I have worshipped and fellowshipped in the same congregation for 24 years. Praise God!
xxx
♥ False, lazy and untrustworthy people are my pet dislike. I really value honesty, hard work and contentment. I grieve at my own laziness at times or lack of ability to complete things I have started. I most long for contentment, for along with Godliness, it is great gain.
xxx
♥ I love and mostly wear blues and greens and I think they suit me best. However, I do love the colours maroon and deep purple. Apparently these are not in "My Colours" but occasionally I get something just because I like it! I wear mostly denim skirts.
xxx
I have a lot of difficulty in passing on these types of awards. First to pick people and second all the fiddling around with addresses etc! So to all my blogging friends who haven't already recieved this one, here is your Gorgeous Blogger Award. Please take it and tell us your six unknown snippets about yourself.
Six things about me:
ReplyDelete1. I am 65 years of age.
2. I am reading "If God Is Good" by the author, Randy Alcorn, who sent it to me.Randy is my cousin's husband.
3. I am in my 5th class towards a seminary degree in counseling and education taught by my pastor.
4. I am praying for a marriage to be made whole. The husband is reading "The Kind Husband" and his wife is reading "The Kind Wife" from the book recommended by Ruby.
5. Monday night I am speaking at Toastmasters on "Becoming An Author".
6. I feel close to Ruby even though we have never met in person.
Thanks Carol! For the information on yourself and the {{hugs}} to me!
ReplyDeleteI am pleased you are able to share that book to the encouragement of others.
I love reading random facts about my favourite bloggers. I'll try to get around to doing this one soon.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. I will have to try this one out. And I loved reading about your 6 things. Thanks for sharing. Now it's my turn. If I can figure it out.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to reading your posts for this ladies!
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI also love wearing denim dresses, especially around the farm - oops, don't remember that one - I might need to use it later.
I enjoyed learning more about you. ♥
Have a great week.
Love and blessings,
Jillian
<><
I always like these, too -- I have to wonder what your mom felt when the tyre went flat, as she was about to give birth! And that is hilarious about your poor brother. It's also interesting that you like coffee, in such a hot climate.
ReplyDeleteCarol it was nice to read yours, too! I took a toastmasters class as a teenager: my little sister got confused, having no ideas to associate with the word 'toast' but breakfast, and called it a 'wafflemakers' class :-).
Heidi,
ReplyDeleteBe amazed! Most Aussies seem to drink tea and coffe despite the heat! In really hot weather I might only have one in the morning. You have to drink a lot of water here.
I loved the Waffle Maker story!
Hi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of Ayers Rock on the heading of your last post. My parents have been there--fascinating. When I go.. (not if, but when) to Australia, I'm looking you up and we'll go there together. Anyway, thanks for sharing 6 great things about yourself.
That bit about your brother is hilarious, I hope he got over it as he got older and learnt to love his gathering of sisters :-)
ReplyDeleteI will look forward to your visit, Jena! (Note to self: get organized!) As for going to "The Rock" it is something I have never done. I am not well travelled and it is a LONG way from here!
ReplyDeleteCaz, my brother and I were close as young people and drifted a bit since we have both married. He eventually got two brothers after me!
Thank you for sharing Ruby, it's so fun to learn more about blogging friends. xxx
ReplyDelete