But God......
directs his path.
Hello to any one who might still remember me and see this post come up.
It has been a long while and much has happened, but as I again attempt a post I am still quite frail and weary and so have decided to simply leave a quick blog about my past month in hospital and
then resume life rather than blog about particular things which have happened over this period.
You may remember back in May I had some headaches? One morning I woke with a terrific pain in my head such as I had never experienced before. I spent several hours in the emergency dept of the local hospital during which time my blood pressure sky rocketed. I had a cat scan of my head but no sign of bleeding etc (to which I am at high risk). However, while there I had pain medication through a cannula in my right arm. This was to trigger a chain of events from which I am still recovering.
About ten days later this site became sore and swollen, infected and painful. On being scanned at the hospital it showed I also had a clot from elbow to shoulder in the vein of that arm. That was when I was first admitted to hospital. My well being slumped over the next two days and it was feared I had suffered another heart attack but it turned out the triponin leak was due to the fact that a small bit of the clot had moved to my lung and this was pressuring the heart.
After several days I returned home on Warfarin (a thinning medication) and tried to get back to our hectic life with my daughter's twins still two months off due date.
Ten days later again, I presented at Emergency, this time with severe pain in the right side of my stomach and my right shoulder. My liver was bleeding! This meant ICU, first here in Rocky and then I flew on RFDS to Royal Brisbane. Blood and plasma were necessary to reverse the effects of the Warfarin and thankfully surgery was avoided.
Because of my underlying health problems, namely Type 1 Diabetes, I already have renal impairment and some other associated problems so the next week was very traumatic. Everything plummeted. A lot of pain, pain killers, lack of sleep and gibberish (from me!). This was all exacerbated by the fact that I developed pneumonia as well.
I ended up spending the whole month of June in hospital,
being an inpatient during the birth of the twins
and only getting to meet them when they were home and thirteen days old.
I enjoyed many visits from Brisbane friends and family while I was there and was especially blessed to meet my blogging friend Mum-me. Thankyou so much for coming over to see me!
And I do not think I could have survived without the faithful visits, encouragement and prayers of my dear friend, JF, who came up twice a week to make sure I was going okay.
Also thanks to her hubby and family who willingly sacrificed their mum for me :-)
What a precious friend I have xoxoxo
Sooooooooooo, all the well laid plans we had made came to naught,
I am not going to pretend I just took all this lying down :-(
I was devastated.
But I know that God never left me or forsook me.
He gave me strength to endure both the trauma to my body and the huge emotional
trauma of being away from my family at such a time.
My wonderful family cope magnificently!
My older daughter has been an amazing example of the self sacrificial love that mothers have for their children as she tends to the little ones. They still wake regularly in the night at three weeks of age and her one and two year olds are as lively as ever. She manages on very little sleep.
My hubby and the boys have been fantastic, undertaking much of mum's work during this time.
My sons have had a lot of practice in caring for babies and small children, that is for sure.
My younger daughter has been a tower of strength and given up many days to mind children and help out generally.
We are blessed with a wonderful praying and supportive family and friends who
have provided meals, cleaned our house and given unfailing encouragement.
We are blessed with a wonderful praying and supportive family and friends who
have provided meals, cleaned our house and given unfailing encouragement.
Now I am home, but after four weeks of bed rest I am extremely weak.
It is going to take time.
The whole business has taken a great toll on me and I seem to have visibly aged alarmingly.
Praise God he has restored me to my home and family!
His mercies are new every morning.
Great is His faithfulness.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength
It has taken me four days to get this post up. Please forgive if I am longer yet before I get back to blog reading. I have missed all your news.
Oh Ruby! Hugs to you. What an ordeal you have been through. It's so understandable that you would have felt frustration and disappointment through it all. Thankfully we have God when we go through things like this, we can cling to Him and tell him exactly how we feel! I hope you get the rest you need, and that things continue to look up for you. Wishing you many precious cuddles with your grandchildren! Mel xx
ReplyDeleteOh my! What a topsy turvy time for all of you. I know your family is such a blessing to you right now. It's a blessing to hear you still honoring God through all.
ReplyDeleteWe will pray for you and all your family as you try to get back on track and heal from all of this.
Mumma Ruby, I have missed you. I assumed your absence was due to your daughter and babies, not your health. I am so, so very sorry to hear what you have suffered. I will pray for healing and encouragement and strength to resume your busy life.
ReplyDeleteI remember one night after my second cancer surgery, laying in bed in the dark of night and asking the Lord "WHY?". Not in anger, not in doubt, just wanting to know why I would have to go through this again. As if the clouds parted, the Lord spoke. "That patience may have its perfect work." May the Lord speak to you and give you the assurance you need during a time He has called you to something our human hearts and minds don't understand. None of us would choose this for you, but our God, our loving Heavenly Father, has ways that are not our ways and plans that are not our plans. We choose to trust Him and believe in His great love for us.
We have missed you, sister, and are thankful you blogged just so we can pray for your more faithfully. Love, prayers and blessings from across the waters.
MommaMindy.blogspot.com
I'm so glad you're home, feeling better and getting to know your new grandbabies. Praying your energy levels will gradually build up so you get back to a normal routine, and also that your health starts behaving.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure to meet you, Ruby, and spend time chatting. I was disappointed that I couldn't bring my Half-dozen to meet you as well, but after the suspected broken wrist incident several of them started coughing and sneezing - and I didn't think you would want any extra germs complicating your recovery :)
Bittersweet tears. Love you Ruby.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness! Am praying you continue to regain your strength.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Carol
Oh Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI'm lost for words. So glad you're home, my dear friend. We continue to pray for you daily.
oh wow you have been through so much in your absence, glad you are home and will pray for continued recovery!!
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about you. I am keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI had no idea! Thankful for the Lord's loving care, for your wonderful family all pitching in, and hallelujah for modern medicine. Praying for your well-being,
Julie
Ruby, thank you for using your time and energy to let us know all you have been through. You are a testimony to His strength and love and your family and friends are such a picture of the beautiful functioning of the body of Christ.
ReplyDeleteJeanne emailed me a few weeks back to pray as I had been off the computer for some time. I was thrilled to 'see' you. Know you are loved.
Warmly,
Richele
Ruby, thankyou for the update. I have been thinking of you and your family, and remembering you in prayer. I will continue to pray that the Lord will continue to restore your health and strength in the coming weeks. Praise God for friends and family. All the best xo
ReplyDeleteOh Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI new you had been in hospital. I knew your health had taken a downward turn but I didn't realise it was all as bad as it was. But we sere a mighty God who had people praying for you, even if they didn't know why or didn't know details.
I'm glad your family were so productive and helpful. That in itself is a credit to your and your hubby (and God, of course ;) )
I know you're back home now but I'll still keep praying.
Lotsa love,
Susan
Hi Ruby, what a valley you have been through. I have missed you and your beautiful posts. Through such a hardship how blessed you have been to have such a wonderful family around you supporting you and prayers carrying you. You will be in my prayers all weekend! Lot's of love to you! xxx
ReplyDelete