Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Darling 2!

My boys put in a great effort at their cooking session with JJ this week. I had suggested they make a birthday cake for their little nephew. JJ had them make this delicious, and fairly simple Chocolate Fudge Cake. Then she left them with a template and we cut, shaped and iced it at home. I think they did a great job and everyone agreed it not only looked good but tasted delicious!





The birthday boy - busted!


One year old boys are just so cute and mischievous! GS2 enjoyed a wonderful day being the centre of attention. He and his cousin are starting to recognize and enjoy one another.

I know I have said it before :-) but I am just so loving this season of life. My grandsons are so affectionate and responsive and just plain gorgeous! They warm the cockles of my heart ♥♥ And my own kids are such great company!
What more can this Mumma ask for?

7 comments:

  1. Ruby I'm so very happy to see the pictures and to read of the happy day with your children and grandchildren, and of how you are knowing the goodness of God in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious. I am so envious of you getting to be part of your grand children's lives. Mine live in TX and AZ and I miss them so much. We do have ichat but that's just not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby. Birthdays are so much fun aren't they! I think the cake looks great - good job boys! So nice to hear you're enjoying this phase of your life.
    Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post Ruby! Praise God for His blessings in your life, I rejoice with you...it's truly wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing God has given you!

    Grandchildren are a while away for us, as our eldest son is nearing 16, and our daughter is only 12.
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cake! What a great effort from everyone involved.

    Enjoy the grandparenting. I'm told it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you enjoying your famy so. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.