
I really appreciated this quote from Martyn Lloyd-Jones posted on Miscellanies. Babel's Tower and my Schedule - it's worth a read.
Sometimes we get to thinking, planning, fretting so much over every aspect of life, we forget to say, if the Lord wills, I will do such and such a thing. We make our plans but God directs our steps. We should look to him for guidance before hand, and look back and see his hand upon the outcome of every situation, even those which at the time seem grievous. God is working all things together for good, to them that love him!
Enjoy a blessed, enriching and restful Lord's Day.
Amazing thoughts, comparing our life plans to the plans for Babel. I had never considered that before. Powerful.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, just finished a book by Robin Jones Gunn called "Sisterchicks Down Under." I learned many things about your great land. Have you read the book?
Hi Mindy,
ReplyDeleteNo I haven't read the book but it sounds intriguing! I googled it and it seems to be part of a series. Glad you learned something of Australia as she is a great land. A land of many contrasts. Click on Australiana in my labels if you would like to see some of the Aussie stuff I have posted.
Thanks for this link Ruby. I just read the original post and it's more confirmation to me about something God's been speaking to us about. Have a great week. XX
ReplyDelete