Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder

Have you ever gone into the change rooms, you know the tiny little 1.5m x 1.5m box with mirrors on three sides and a flimsy curtain? Yikes! You just can't get away from it. Your large, mis-shapen, even grotesque body is right there. In your face.

Well, I am rather plump anyway so these little cubbies don't do me any favours, but can I admit, I just hate fitting on clothes in those rooms. Sooo... here is a cartoon which tickled me!





13 comments:

  1. Love it!! Thanks Ruby - you've made me laugh. Now....where can i get a mirror like that?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, when you are ordering one of those mirrors for Melanie, I'll have one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the mirror - I was a pair of 'magic pants' which make my rear look slimmer when I put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right...This looks like a great home business! I just need to find a distributor. I'll get back to you. I think I'm on a goldmine.
    (I was secretly hoping the "motherly" look was still in:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use a mirror like that. Hmm, wonder where I can find one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually heard that somewhere in the states an expensive clothing store was using those mirrors to make the women look slimmer and certain lighting to making them look tanner. Don't remember if they made them take them out or if they brought in more customers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruby
    ROFL! I'm with you on that one.
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I too late to place an order for one of those mirrors? If so, I'll order one myself, but it looks like you'll be getting a bulk discount!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindy,
    No doubt people would flock to that shop! My other pet peeve is the sales assistant who fluffs around telling you it looks lovely on you, when honestly, it doesn't.
    There is a weird mirror in a shoe shop here that my boys love. It is all wavy and makes one look distorted. Fine for a lark for young boys.... not so elevating for middle aged mothers!
    Jeanne,
    When I get a name, I'll add you to the order!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh, Ruby,

    Are we really middle aged? Really?

    I don't feel like I am though. S'pose that's good?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're young at heart!♥

    Shortly after my parents retired a friend asked me how my elderly parents were keeping. This pulled me up short. Hmm... if Mum and Dad are elderly (I'd never thought of them that way) I must be middle aged! Honestly, I often still feel like a kid. But there are other days.... and those fitting room mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha classic - love it Ruby...thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.