Friday, October 30, 2009

Limericks


A blogger by name of Blue Stocking,
With quaint limerick challenge is mocking,
The rest of us mums
To write a few puns
But alas, my efforts are shocking!


Skip across to Beyond Blue Stockings and have a read of her limerick post. Then join in the fun and write one yourself.

When we were kids we composed lots of little, silly limericks and when I read BB's post I had a few giggles remembering some of them! You have to remember that I came from a place with a quite long and obscure Aboriginal name. The only real words that rhymed with it were pigeon and smidgen so we had all sorts of fun with making up silly words to fit!

Thanks BB. Love those Limericks. Keep them coming!

5 comments:

  1. lol! Ruby, you're funny!

    Good job! :D

    We used to love limericks as children, too, and spent a lot of time making up ridiculous ones.

    Perhaps I've not matured so much as a writer, because I seriously still really enjoy to play with them :)

    Thanks for playing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your limerick is great. I'd have a go at this myself if my brain would stop spinning around inside my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby,
    That was sooo funny -ROFL. I have included a link to your post, here.

    http://homeschooling4christ.blogspot.com/2009/10/there-once-was-woman-named-beyond-blue.html

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love it! You gals are too clever. :)

    I'm not so good with things like this- but my dh has a real knack for it.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.