
Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.
Psalm 72
17: His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.
18: Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
19: And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
I have posted this section of Psalm 72 before in the metrical version. Whichever way you read it, it is a beautiful doxology! Behold the glory and majesty of our eternal and all powerful God!
This week a number of blogs which I read and appreciate have had posts relating to glorifying God, and I posted a little thought provoker about our chief end in home education. Psalm 72 was also the topic of our mid week Bible study. So this theme has been in my thoughts this week. God is all glorious and he doesn't need us puny creatures and yet he has set his love upon a peculiar people, reached down to sinful man in grace. How much we should rejoice and wonder at so great salvation and give him ALL our praise and do All to his glory. Of course, on pondering the greatness of God, I am reminded how far I fall short. How weak I am, how often even the best of intentions fail. But God is the same always. A rock and a strong tower.
Let the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen!
Amen! Everything is for His glory. Great post.
ReplyDeleteI am praising Him for His steadfastness and majesty, for His kindness to me daily, for the truth of Scripture to guide and instruct me.
ReplyDeleteMe too. When I think of His greatness I am amazed at how small and pathetic I feel. Truly He is too be praised.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby, love this post. God is so worthy of our praise, so forgiving and faithful. You have a beautiful relationship with Him!
ReplyDeleteThanks too for your ongoing prayers, i'm so thankful for my online friends. Yes, i'm doing much better thanks, and I believe so much good has come, and is yet to still come, from my recent rough patch! Yay God!
Blessings to you,
Melanie x
Hi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI love this post. We have been going through the Westminster Shorter Catechism in Modern English as a family. Glorifying God has been a major theme that we have been emphasizing. Thanks so much for your thoughts. I'll share them with my girls.
Carolyn