Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boys Eye View!

A little humour in our Australian History today!
Captain Cook claims the land for England's King George III and names it New South Wales.
We started discussing 150 years of statehood for Queensland and S2 asks why we are called Queensland. Mum launches into a lengthy historic run down but S1 grins cheekily. "It was so we can play State of Origin of course!"

7 comments:

  1. "Go the blues!"
    (except they didn't....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta laugh at that one, mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes perfect sense to me - we have to have someone to (try to) beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruby,
    Sooo cute!
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have such a nice, relaxing time here, Ruby. I especially loved reading about "Pie Day" in your own school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and laughter! I say go the Maggies (AFL) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wise teacher, such as yourself, makes learning a joy not a job!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.