Thursday, August 27, 2009

Easy Peasy Sausage Pie

The boys made this very simple pie in their cooking session with JJ this week.

YUM!!!


6 sausages
boiling water
375g puff pastry
4 eggs
sprinkle of salt and pepper

1. Put sausages in a pan. Pour boiling water over. Leave until cool.

2. When cool, carefully peel the skin from the sausages.

3. Cut pastry in half. Roll half out and line a 25cm square tine with it.

4. Slice sausages and arrange in the tin.

5. Beat eggs, salt and pepper. Gently pour over sausages.

6. Roll out rest of pastry to make a lid. Place over sausages.

7. Seal the edges well. Prick the top with a fork.

8. Bake it at 190C for 45 minutes.



The boys used bought puff pastry sheets which eliminated a couple of steps.
They love to make tea (dinner) for the family and we had this with salad.
It is really just a lidded quiche, so next time they can add a lot more goodies to the mix.
Today they had a really great Science session with their visiting teacher.
As we are registered with Groves Christian College, we have at least two home visits per year.
I has been a good opportunity for me to discuss further our struggles in some departments.
We have a very supportive teacher.

9 comments:

  1. Good cooking and Math lesson. What is the purpose of the visiting teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NewKidd,
    When you are registered with a School of Distance Ed you are accountable to the state to a certain degree. We have been home schooling for 17 years and only registered about 3 years ago when I could see that the difficulties the boys had were going to need some help. All DE students have teacher visits for support and our boys get a little one on one. The teachers often run workshops for students and parents when they are here visiting.
    This is not compulsory for all homeschoolers, just what happens with this DE school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sort of teacher support sounds invaluable. I'm glad he/she had some good ideas.

    The pie looks pretty good too. It must be the night for it - Therese's blog has quice; mine has chocky crackles - looks like we're on the same wavelength here!!

    Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookin' and eatin' never go out of fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try this for breakfast tomorrow. We have tons of eggs. Question, can I use milk instead of the water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia,
    The boiling water is only to precook the sausages enough to stay together when the skin is removed. Unlike quiche the recipe doesn't need milk. It should cook like a quich if you added mild to the egg and would be thinner than this reciped turned out.
    ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pie looks delicious!

    When I homeschooled my daughter, we went through Groves DE as well. I found them excellent... mind you, it was also handy that we lived only a few kilometers from Groves campus at the time, lol. They didn't have far to come visit us :P

    Amanda...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks yummy! I'll have to look up the US conversions and add this to my breakfast menu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you're having a good school year. The sausage pie looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.