
If you do stuff...
You get stuff done.
Love it! This classic quote was a blog title I stumbled across on a rabbit trail. Sorry , I can't retrace it but I have been chuckling about it ever since. Ah, the answer to all my jobs awaiting attention. Just do it.
Ah, so that's what I'm doing wrong then!!
ReplyDeleteJust do it. Before I go to bed I need to 1)clean the kitchen; 2)organize pills for my husband and I (usually do this on Monday in pill containers for the week, but have had to dole them out without the organization since Monday since I didn't take time to make mor time); 3)Scripture reading; and 4)finish lyrics for a song. Just do it. I will start with Scripture, most important discipline of every day. Had to leave the house unexpectedly early and so missed that quiet time. Just do it. Everyone needs that quiet time in Scripture and prayer.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carol
This is great! So simple, so true, so hard to do. When I feel overwhelmed with stuff to do, I like to think of a quote I've heard Elizabeth Elliot say many times "Do the next thing." Sometimes the "next thing" for me is to go eat a chocolate-chip cookie. :P
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
Amazing how you can sum up a lifetime of experiences, ambitions and philosophies in a simple statement. hmm...
ReplyDeleteMy post above says Dec. 5, but in my time zone it is actually is the night of Dec. 4. I did the above and am turning in for the night. With God's help I accomplished those four things.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteMy daughter and I did that today. We just did it!
What did we accomplish - trimmed and shaped 1/4 of the front garden, and now I can barely walk.
Thank God that we have a day of rest tomorrow.
Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian
LOL, Jillian. I hear you re being sore! I also worked in our yard. I cannot call it a garden as our back yard is mostly growing car bodies :-( But I worked on it as best I could. Have one of my grandsons here tonight so feeling every year of my age when I pick the solid little man up!!
ReplyDeleteA blessed and restful Lord's Day to all.
Ruby, that's CLASSIC! I think I'll "borrow" that and put in on my blog too.
ReplyDeleteThings don't have to be complicated to be difficult. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest. Just getting up out of the chair and doing it. At least for me...
Julie
Just do it!
ReplyDeleteIf only I didn't so often consider the "it" that needs doing to be reading just one more page, or checking just one more blog, or having just one more piece of chocolate...
Great thoughts, Ruby, thanks for sharing your find :)
good advice, that!
ReplyDeletethanks for your encouraging comment, Ruby :)