Friday, December 11, 2009

Introducing...



My sweet little grandson at a few hours of age♥♥

Starting labour after mid night, my daughter rang at 2.30 am to get me to take her to hospital. Her partner staying with the sleeping 15 month old, intending to be there for the birth later in the morning. No siree!! On the 10 minute drive from her house to the hospital she had 3 contractions and this little fellow had no intention of waiting for Dad! We got there at about 3.20 and he was born just at 4.03 am.

He weighed in at 3040grams, which is about 6lb 7 so is a wee tiny mite, but he is absolutely, gorgeous and perfectly formed. Mother and baby went home at around 3.30pm. Well, that's how they do things these days!

My daughter was amazingly calm and focused♥ Her first labour was 8 hours long with about 2 hours at the hospital and no drugs or stitches. This time, about 4.5 hours and no drugs or stitches. She is such a beautiful mother and daughter.

My girls' births have been a tremendous blessing and wonderment for me. I had such un-natural pregnancies and births. I thank God that he has blessed them in this way. I also praise and thank the Lord for the dear little grandchildren he has bestowed on us. May He be pleased to use us to influence them that they may know the Lord. Especially today I marvel at this tiny miracle as I gazed at him and held him for the first time after all these months.

We've had the fun of having "Big Brother" here today!♥ He had a disturbed night, Picked up by Mumma in the dark, finally going back to sleep. Up early and a big day. Then finally meeting the baby (Not too sure about him!) What a sweetie. Lord willing, we will be able to spend lots of time with him over the next few weeks.

Truly Grandmotherhood is full of joys and blessings!♥

I have not used my families' names on the blog so I haven't divulged it here but if it is any consolation, the name they have had picked for about 6 months has been in a little doubt today, so I am not even sure of it.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats grandma, he is gorgeous!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Sounds like a great labour - congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby,
    Congratulations - he is absolutely adorable! What an absolute blessing from God! :D

    Thank you for sharing in the wonderful joy of birth.

    Have a great weekend,
    Blessings,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! Almost makes me want another one - but not quite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all this! Grandma just doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night and can enjoy the new born and the 15 month old. Proud of your daughter also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute! I am amazed at how quickly she was discharged! Is that an Aussie thing?
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful baby! Again, congratulations to you and to your family. By the way, what do your grandchildren call you? I am be Grandma and my husband is Paw-paw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bethany,
    I am amazed by the early discharge as well! Many of my friends have gone home the same day when delivering at the local public hospital. You have to have had no problems and baby must be checked out okay. They have a home mid wifery serice for all new mothers and with the early release ladies I think they will have more visits from her.
    Our public hospital has a maternity section which is half the size it was when I had my babies there. The trouble is it is always stretched to the maximum - having babies is not going out of fashion here! Yesterday, they were not actually overcrowded and it was my daughter's choice to go home, but often if there are no problems and no beds, they are forced to go home fairly early. Her first son was of low birth weight and was in for 5 days. They can stay if they need to, and first timers stay at least two days.

    I am called Mumma!
    I have an Italian surname and a dumpy body- I think it suits me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous little Man-Cub! He has such beautiful skin and hair. You and your family are SO blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. And I'm glad she has done so well with her deliveries. Just look at that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a beautiful baby.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO HOO!

    Congratulations and Praise the Lord!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.