
Congratulations Carol.
Here is Carol (NewKidontheBlogg)'s book. Hot off the press. Read all about it!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR;
"Nice girls don't yell!" Oh yeah" The author does some yelling in this book. Carol Noren Johnson is a retired English teacher who discovered that niceness gets in the way of being effective, genuine and godly. She writes truthfully about incidents in the life and her growing understanding of godliness. she lives in Plant City, Florida with her husband. Mrs Johnson holds a B.A. in Teaching Arts and English from Westmont College and M.A. in Educational Systems Development from San Jose State University. She is a Distinguished Toastmaster and is working on a Ed.D. in Counseling and Education from Whitefield Theological Seminary.
To read more about Carol and her book pop over to her website and her blog and you can also order from Carol (See her blog for her details) or from amazon.
I am honoured and delighted to have a copy already, sent to me by Carol herself. Carol has become a friend through contact, first on a Christian Forum which we both post on and later by email and our blogs. This book is her personal memoir but touches on areas which most of us can indentify with. Carol has a great desire to grow in the knowledge and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and to do all things for His glory. Carol bestowed a great honour on me by inviting me to write the Forword to her book, so I am very excited to see it in hard copy right now!
May the Lord bless this work to His glory and the good of many, Carol.
Looks very interesting. I should look into it. Although I don't have a very hard time of not being nice!! I'm a nice person and all but I DO know my limits and when to say no!! My hubby is always telling me I need to be better but at least he's a good sport!!
ReplyDeleteRuby, could you check the purchasing links for me? They are borken :(
ReplyDeleteAlso, do you know whether Carol will be distributing in Oz at some stage? Otherwise I shall need to wait a little before I can justify Amazon's postage charge at least until we have recovered from the costs of a new year of school books!
bRoken...not boRken!!
ReplyDeleteHeehee
Thanks, Ruby and thanks for your encouragement as I was writing this last year, and yes the nice foreword. Pray that the Lord uses this book for His glory. I am planning a second book, "Treadmill Stories", Lord willing; these will be chapter stories of others.
ReplyDeleteBy the way I can offer a better price sending it myself for Ruby's friends than through Amazon if someone is interested. Get my e-mail on the web site or blog. The latest endorsement is from Nanci Alcorn, whose husband Randy Alcorn is a wonderful Christian author.
Hi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!
Have a wonderful week,
Blessings,
Jillian
Jeanne,
ReplyDeleteI am heart borken about the link♥
One was to Carol's address and she can sell them herself. I see in her comment she will give my friends a discount. Woohoo!!!
Jeanne,
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I couldn't get onto A Peaceful Day yesterday and it is happening again today. the side bars laod but not the posts. Has anyone else had any trouble? We are actually having more computer troubles (Yes, again) but the other blogs seem to load okay.
Hope it is loading again soon. A Rubyless internet is no fun at all!! I miss you :(
ReplyDeleteI put a whole heap of photos on yesterday, which would slow an old computer down. Sorry. I shall remember that in the future...
Glad to read today's post though and to know that all is well with you and yours!
Postage to Australia is $9.04 and I will discount the book to $9.96 instead of the regular price of $12.95. So $19 USA dollars for Ruby's friends in Australia. Or you can buy it through Pay Pal/Amazon and pay more. No distribution in Australia. Not many copies of the first printing left. Will go into second printing in January.
ReplyDeleteCordially,
Carol Noren Johnson
Plant City, Florida USA
cjohnson370@tampabay.rr.com
Thanks for looking after the Aussie ladies, Carol. I have really enjoyed re reading the finished book and thinking about the "niceness" issues over again. I am delighted to hear your first printing has sold so well .
ReplyDelete