
My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
B.M. Franklin
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
B.M. Franklin
Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteJust delightful...thankyou for sharing! xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing what is such a beautiful poem. ☺
Guess what I did this afternoon - I backed up my "C" drive onto an external 320GB flash HDD. :D Thank you, my friend for the incentive to "just do it"!
Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian
His weaving shows His faithfulness in our lives. If there were not those sorrows, we wouldn't learn to run to Him in the good times as well.
ReplyDeleteCarol
I do love this verse.
ReplyDeleteIt was given to me in a frame, by close friends, at a ery dark time in my life. I read it often and thank God that he has my life inhis hands!
It was only as I thought to post it that I went looking for the author and read a little of him.
I'm so thankful for our Sovereign God!
ReplyDelete