On Friday we celebrated the end
of the 2009 school year with a day at the beach.
9am Sand Castle and Sculptures competition.
Work fast kids!

The Titanic
The entry from my boys and a few of their mates won their section.
Bail Mum, bail!
The children had to build fast as the tide was coming in. This fun competition was followed by a swim and then morning tea. One of the mums had made up a clever scavenger hunt, which the children loved. They had to "find" some very obscure things. A pirate with a wooden leg, a finger nail 10cm long, a treasure map... Some of the groups proved very creative!
After games of footy (yes Queenslanders are strange like that!) and other fun and strenuous things we enjoyed lunch together. Plenty of swimming and chatting and then the sleepy trip home. As mentioned in other posts it is only a 40min trip to the coast, so a nice day out for us all.
We are very blessed to have a large, active and supportive group of parents and children in this area. Phew! Another year down.



What a lovely day. A support group like the one you have Ruby, is a treasure indeed.
ReplyDeleteWould you please invite me to your next beach celebration? I was a little jealous that you were wearing shorts, playing in the water, all the things I love. We are having a cold snap, had to pull out the mittens this week. Have frost, but no snow...yet...
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely end to the school year!
We are on our last week of school, now. Guess what - it's raining, so we won't be gardening today, but tomorrow's looking good. :)
Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian
What a fantastic end of year bash! You are truly blessed to have such a supportive homeschool group. (How often do you meet, out of curiousity).
ReplyDeleteIt is raining here today too, but we're enjoying our holidays all the same!
That is so neat. And what a beautiful day. No way has our days been looking like that lately. All cold and snowy here. I don't think anyone will be going to the beach anytime soon unless it is to ice skate!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the end of the school year for you and your boys! We still have a week to go, although all the Presentation Days are on this week. (I have 5 to attend!) I wish we were only 40mins from the beach, especially on a day like today when it's already 31c at noon, and feels like about -30% humidity ;)
ReplyDeleteI do feel for those of you who are now in the Winter months. As I have never even seen snow, I guess I am a little envious of you as well.
ReplyDeleteJeanne, we meet about once a month but it varies. In Summer, we have a regular swimming lesson once a week which often turns into a longer session. The mums meet once each term for a coffee/ support evening and we have Sports Days with some of the little christian schools round a bout. Socialisation I hear you ask?
Mum-me, though we are close to the beach, Rocky itself is terribly hot and humid, being blocked by mountains from the coast.
Hi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to end the 2009 school year!
It's been wonderful to get to know you this year Ruby, look forward to next year!
Love Sarah xxx
We're having a heat wave here in Wyoming! It's 45 degrees farenheit here, which is up 50 degrees from the midday temperature a week ago. We're building snowmen in our part of the world, but I'd rather be building sandcastles right about now. Actually, before we moved here, I had spent my whole life in sunny So. California. I really do enjoy the seasons here in Wyoming, even when its cold. Enjoy your Christmas holiday.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
Carolyn