You have really peaked my interest about this "laughing" bird. I am going to go search online for a soundbyte! Thanks for this fun bit of Aussie wild life!
My daughter and I found ourselves laughing out loud... I love You Tube! We also watched educational videos about the Kookaburra. We learned that it is related to our native Kingfisher.
Those are great pictures. We have a Kookaburra at our zoo (it was a pair but one died). Everytime we go to the zoo I have to go and see them.
The fruit bats I shudder at though. We had a huge tree near our house with them in PNG and they just give me the heebie-jeebies. (I know they only eat fruit but they are still creepy.)
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.
You have really peaked my interest about this "laughing" bird. I am going to go search online for a soundbyte!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this fun bit of Aussie wild life!
Bethany
Ruby,
ReplyDeleteYou know what this bird sounds like, of course, but for the other foreigners lurking...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJx33O8dCMs&feature=related
My daughter and I found ourselves laughing out loud... I love You Tube! We also watched educational videos about the Kookaburra. We learned that it is related to our native Kingfisher.
Thanks again!
Bethany
Those are great pictures. We have a Kookaburra at our zoo (it was a pair but one died). Everytime we go to the zoo I have to go and see them.
ReplyDeleteThe fruit bats I shudder at though. We had a huge tree near our house with them in PNG and they just give me the heebie-jeebies. (I know they only eat fruit but they are still creepy.)