As mentioned before, I have had the blessing and privilege of many brothers and sisters.
Born of the same parents, with many obvious similarities in looks and personalities, yet also
many glaring differences in these.
"Blood is thicker than water".
The love and commitment of siblings is a remarkably strong bond.
My extraordinary brothers and sisters have loved and supported me through some
very difficult, and potentially dividing conflicts and traumas.
I only hope my love has been as unwavering.
It is remarkable that spats and differences which would usually divide friends have not done so among my family. Is it loyalty to parents, so loved and admired by all? Is it a lifetime of shared memories and experiences which can never be repeated or replaced?
For me, it is those things, and a steady, solid love, a love which seems to have just always been there. Perhaps taken for granted at first, but carefully built upon over the years. A love which is now deep, sure, comforting.
Once I wrote that family is a haven. A place where each member can run for protection, where one is accepted no matter how different they are and this is what my family has been to me.
Having had the great privilege to know Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord, I now know that He is my Rock and my Haven. Thankyou Lord for placing me in a loving home and family.
"God setteth the solitary in families...." Psalm 68:6a
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.