Well, yesterday turned out to be quite an eventful day! After 6 very relaxing weeks of Summer holidays, I had planned to get some major house work done these last few days, a big grocery shop, organise the school room and books as well as a church fellowship meal and meeting tomorrow night and a birthday partyon Saturday! Wow, I must have really needed to slow down and take a break! In fact, I don't think it is broken but they couldn't be sure from the xrays. It seems I have given the muscles and ligaments a really good twist and stretch. Yowch!!!! I did it early yesterday morning and didn't stress too much but the pain and swelling got worse as the day wore on so I eventually thought I had better go and get it checked out. I have a half cast along the back and a wad of bandaging and it looks very impressive! In fact it is quite heavy and I am absolutely hopeless on crutches! No upper body strength. As my daughter pointed out, only young fit men can manage crutches. So, an enforced rest. We will start back to school no problems. We'll just have to curb the outside activities for a while. D2 is coming to help with house work and D1 is sure to when she finds out the damage. Meanwhile, Dad has done groceries and the boys have stepped up to the household chores.
Times like these make me realise how hectic my life is. Having had some health dramas in the past I know my family can cope just fine but I find it hard to relax about it. I especially miss my girls at times like these as they are just so capable. When I was out of action, I always knew things would run pretty much as normal because they knew my routine and did things the way they'd been taught (often better than me.) I find the boys need a lot more reminding and supervising, even though they have had similar training.
It is a reminder to me that we can make our plans but God directs our paths. What seems like a case of really bad timing is in fact in His perfect timing so I will await what is to come out of it.
Yesterday, I played the Pollyanna game, finding things to be glad about. I'm glad this happened at the end of the holidays - I have been blessed with a great holiday. I'm glad it's not a break and especially glad that it is under the ankle and not the ankle itself. I'm glad one of my good friends is coming over for coffee tomorrow, that's always a treat. I'm glad my boys who struggle so with reading are growing up useful, helpful and willing. I'm REALLY glad my husband and the kids will eat almost anything and also that they REALLY appreciate my cooking when they have had to do it themselves for a while.
"While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being."
Psalm 146:2

Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI hope you mend quickly! Sorry that I did not stop by sooner...
I like the new color scheme.
Bethany
Well, I am more a blue/ green person but it hadn't bothered me as I wasn't using the blog.
ReplyDeleteI may change it from time to time though. A change is as good as a holiday.....
So they say!