Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beautiful Bloggers

Another lovely friend has taken the boys with her and her children this afternoon for a play. It has meant I can keep my foot up, but I must say it is heaps better. A little bit achey, but I don't think it will
be so for long. Praise God for a quick recovery! I've frittered away a couple of hours here at the computer. I try not to do that as I know I could easily become a junky!!! I am new to blogging and have previously mostly visited sites that I have been familiar with, making a comment here and there but not following too much of people's personal blogs. I did a bit of a meander around various ladies sites. Sigh! So many good places to visits, so many precious sisters in the Lord, so many friends I've never met!

As one can tell from this blog, artistic creativity is not one of my gifts.

I am in a dream land of all the possibilities for decorating and presenting a blog! I feel this way when I get home from scrap booking days, craft and art days with the children, and seeing my sisters' quilting efforts. Frankly, even visiting others houses. I long for the cosy, rustic look but alas even if I had the money to finance it, I don't think I could pull it together. Some of these ladies' sites dazzled me!

But, aside from the beautiful way they looked I read some very inspiring and interesting articles.
I have often mentioned how blessed I am with family and Christian friends so I have no lack of support and encouragement. But this afternoon I feel uplifted by the spiritual insight and genuine desire I read of for people, namely women, to live lives more deeply committed to God. It is heartening too, to read articles by Reformed folk, like minded to ourselves, as often one can feel rather isolated and odd in the minority camp of Christendom. Of course, ideally there should be no camps, for is not Christ one body, but the sad reality of division is there. I feel at once an affinity with those closely alligned in doctrine. Many of the same convictions are shared regarding home, family and education.

I should sleep well tonight. My dreams will be pleasantly filled with pages of insightful writing, all decorated in patchwork and butterfly designs......

Let all be done to the glory of God!





.

4 comments:

  1. Ruby,

    I am always interested in reading Reformed ladies' sites. Can you recommend a few? I do not have much time to go browsing!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby,
    Thanks for visiting my site! I am so thankful for your input and willingness to contribute by commenting! I too agree with you that it is nice to find other reformed folk out there who hold to the same doctrine, that is such an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one I found most edifying was MamaArcher. That is the only one I put a link to my blog (silly me) but I know I read some good ones from her site.
    Reformed Farmers Wife comes to mind but I think it was an inactive one.
    It can be very time consuming, so I am limiting myself, but I will go on another rabbit hunt some time!
    By the way, I came across some realy kooky sites as well. People think we are weird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! MamaArcher commented at same time I was posting! Many answer follows your Bethany. I see from your blog yo ladies are already acquainted!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.