Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.
Waiting for the Lord's answer was one of the points in our sermon yesterday. Ruth 3, where Ruth and Naomi wait to see how things will work out when Boaz meets the nearer kinsman at the gates.
Spiritual struggles.
The scripture tells us that tribulation works patience! (Romans 5:3) I find myself becoming increasingly impatient with my circumstances and I need to be still and wait on the Lord. Sometimes my heart is completely overwhelmed and frustration rises up which can, at worst result in anger but more often in tears.
Psalm 46
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Physical struggles
I had a disappointment today. We rang to enquire how the waiting list is progressing for my eye operation only to be told that there were hold ups in the Eye Clinic and I had not progressed up the queue. I am still looking at 3 months plus for my operation. It seems that the priority list, which I was put on, is not the urgent list. Lord, give me patience.
Meanwhile, I can notice my vision deteriorated week by week. I am down to shadowy outlines of figures without any faces, can't see clock faces etc. While I can read at the computer with magnification ( book reading has been out for months) I am finding that blurriness is getting very bad despite the size of the print.
Simple pleasures
Since I obviously can't drive at the moment outings are a special pleasure. We attended the Home Schoolers Cross Country event on Saturday / It was a great afternoon of catching up with the families and of course a big effort for all the children.
One of my little men is coming to visit this afternoon and the thrill of spending time with my children and grandchildren is one which never fails!
Blog reading
I am not writing very many blog posts but I am trying to read a little each day. Forgive me if I am not reading or commenting at your place so often at the moment. Particularly if you you have a stark white or very bright background or if the print is very close in colour to the background, I struggle to read it.
Being on the computer less is actually a plus but frustratingly I am not able to do a lot else either! Cooking family meals is fine but baking is only possible when someone else is there to do the measuring. This has been exacerbated by the boys reading limitations because I often need one of them to read simple instructions or phone numbers. I think we often take for granted the gift of sight (or any other sense) and it is not until we lose it that we realise how precious it is.
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Dear Ruby,
ReplyDeleteThose sriptures are truly words of comfort for you through this tough time. He really is our tower of strength in times of troubles.
Thinking and praying for you! xxx
Hugs, friend.
ReplyDeletePrayers too.
Sometimes it is hard to understand why God makes us wait (and we can wait a very long time - I know about waiting), then down the track when we look back it all makes sense. I love Psalm 46 and read it when things get tough.
ReplyDeletePrayers from me to.
xx
Firstly, hugs and more hugs to you Ruby. I can imagine your frustration and it is true, we don't realise how much we take for granted (ie eyes) until we face circumstances such as your current one.
ReplyDeleteI pray that the Lord would have the surgery scheduled according to His perfect timing, and not man's.
The little boy in the photo (your grandson) is GORGEOUS! What a little darling...
I pray you find much abundant peace during this waiting time dear friend...
Thanks everyone. You don't know how encouraging it is to hear from you all!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Amanda, you can see why I wax on about my grandsons. They are the light of my life!!!
It is 7:31 am here in Florida, USA, and all your blogging friends are pulling for your eyesight. We have to have patience as well. Thanks for posting even during your limitations.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carl
Well I don't know about you but I am patient enough! I don't want anymore patience... especially if it means more tribulation. No thanks- I'll just pass on that one. ( Maybe some other time eh God? )
ReplyDeletePraying for your eyesight Ruby... not easy for you.
((((( Ruby ))))))
Good morning Ruby.xo
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your Sabbath Thought posts - I don't always comment on them, because I don't always know what to say, but they always cause me to pause and think. Thankyou. And this one is no exception.
Tribulation and Patience - I think I am with Susan on this one, sometimes I wonder if God could possibly teach me that lesson at another time!
Love and prayers for you. xo
Susan, I know what you mean!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I am pleased you like those posts. I would love you, and others to make comments. I find that the Sabbath Thoughts recieve very few comments and I guess I am unsure why. U dib't necessarily write them for comment or discussion but I have changed my approach in writing them.
Too heavy?
Too mushy?
Too trite?
I would appreciate any suggestions there.
Uooo! That should read I don't necessarily :-)
ReplyDeleteRuby, I personally love the way you write your Sabbath Thoughts. When a post causes me to stop and think, I find I have nothing to say myself - I just take myself off and think about the thoughts shared. Usually my only respoonse would be something like 'I agree'...... I can't write that all the time, that would just be plain boring! :) So, no suggestions from me ......
ReplyDeleteI shall work on some comments for you though!
Thanks so much Amy! I am very happy to know you find them thought provoking. That is much more valuable to me than comments. I understand, as I often read posts which I don't actually have anything to add to. I love the way articles and blogs can provoke thought on all sorts of matters. I am a bit of a ponderer. I like to mull over stuff over the kitchen sink!
ReplyDelete