Monday, May 3, 2010

Christ Alone

Psalm 62

1 My soul with expectation
depends on God indeed;
My strength and my salvation doth
from him alone proceed.

2 He only my salvation is,
and my strong rock is he:
He only is my sure defence;
much mov'd I shall not be.

(Scottish Metrical Version)

The word in our English Bibles, and used often in the Psalms Salvation ~ Yeshua ~ JESUS. If you sing/ read the Psalms with this in mind, substituting Jesus each time the word salvation comes up it is truly beautiful. . Christ is found all through out the Old Testement and so clearly in the Book of Psalms.

Jesus, my strong rock of defence and my only salvation.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to look at it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added the five beautiful Psalms from your praise link to my playlist. Is that new, or did I just notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    I change the picture and verse from time to time but the link to the Psalm singing has been there for over a year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this Ruby. I needed it right now. Christ is the rock. The sure foundation on which to build.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and uplifting for a day I felt very restless.

    Have a Christ filled week

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifuland uplifting. Thank you for posting this, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!! I like the Scottish metrical version!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.