Officially it is Spring but we've had up to 35C here this week. We really only had a fleeting week or two of Spring-like weather and now we are gearing up for what is usually a very long, hot, humid Summer. Please God, we will get rain. It is desperately dry around here. The dust blew in and out fairly uneventfully here when the big dust storms were around, but has added to the parched feel . Everything seems coated with dust - and is!
One of the local parks we love and visited this week with grandchildren, children and friends on two separate occasions. The kids love this one as they have actually left some adventurous equipment for the children to play on.
It is also by the river so quite cool and scenic.
Our proud neighbour won the Best Cottage Garden Award for the ninth out of eleven years in the local competition. He lives on his own and is very generous with his produce!
Here he cuts one of his enormous lettuce for us.

A gorgeous bunch of flowers from my sister-in-law's garden!
Chicken Casserole.
Once I was feeling a bit better I got my crock pot going. This dish does not have an official recipe, but time permitting I'll post what I put in it.
I can't believe there is only one week of the school holidays left.
Have a great weekend!
One of the local parks we love and visited this week with grandchildren, children and friends on two separate occasions. The kids love this one as they have actually left some adventurous equipment for the children to play on.It is also by the river so quite cool and scenic.
Our proud neighbour won the Best Cottage Garden Award for the ninth out of eleven years in the local competition. He lives on his own and is very generous with his produce!Here he cuts one of his enormous lettuce for us.

A gorgeous bunch of flowers from my sister-in-law's garden!
Chicken Casserole.Once I was feeling a bit better I got my crock pot going. This dish does not have an official recipe, but time permitting I'll post what I put in it.
I can't believe there is only one week of the school holidays left.Have a great weekend!
Those chicken legs look super yummy.
ReplyDeleteI would love to be able to have a successful vege garden. Maybe one day.
That veggies garden looks great!
ReplyDeleteWe are having winter weather again here. Imagine 35C up your way and only 10C top down here! Wish we could meet somewhere inbetween - 25C is my ideal.
Here in the states, we are looking at cooler weather and heading into winter. How wonderful that you have such a talented and generous neighbor! The chicken looks real good, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby, glad to hear your up and feeling better! How lovely to receive yummy fresh produce from your neighbours.!
ReplyDeletexxx
What a beautiful garden! It looks as if you are ushering in a very warm season just as we are preparing for a very cold one. When I get too cold I will look at your photos and when you get to warm you can cool off by looking at mine. :o)
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteWe have had 81 mm of rain during the last week, and it has been such a blessing, as all of our tanks are now nearly full.
I'm praying that you, too, will get the wonderful rain that we have had. Usually rain follows a dust storm. (scratch head)
Is it usually so hot up there at this time of year?
God bless you,
Jillian
<><
Mum-me,
ReplyDelete25 all year round! Wouldn't that be splendid! I could do so much! Have you visited Sarah's blog? She has a B & B somewhere a long the coast where I dream it would be just like that!
MamaArcher,
Your snowy Alaska pics will come in very handly this long Summer. Thanks!
Jillian,
No, for this time of year that was a very not day. (Monday ) It has hovered between 30-32 most days and the nights a gorgeous. However, 35+ is the norm from about November to March!!
Our local newspaper has a motto = We live here because we love it!
Spring break. Wow, that's crazy. We are fast approaching winter here in Wisconsin. Love each picture. Have a wonderful break.
ReplyDeleteWhat a colorful and pleasant collage of things -- and how refreshing it must have been after a difficult illness. That must be the neighbor whose garden you can see from your kitchen window.
ReplyDeleteI hope your coming week has many refreshing things in it as well.
Actually Heidi, this fellow is across the road. We are blessed with a couple of very good gardeners in our neighbourhood!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe that those flowers come from a garden and not a florist!! They are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Jessi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your comments over the weekend!
I am sad to say I have no garden:-(
But I really appreciate these neighbours and that particular sister in law gave that bunch of flowers to my mum for her birthday. They sat very proudly among several bunches from the florist and looked every bit as good!