Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Dinner

Mum's 80th Birthday

18 September, 2009

Family Dinner

I love that Mum's dear, but very time worn hand is in this photo!




Okay, I don't normally post current photos of family so here is a one off!

This is Mum and Dad with their surviving children.

See if you can identify which one is me!

You have seen baby and little girl photos of me, but alas I have changed a GREAT deal!
Sorry it's a bit dark but if you click on the photo it will enlarge.


With so many grandchildren, great children, extended family and friends, it is rare for just our family to get together. Thus we decided on the Family Dinner Friday night/ Picnic in the Park for all Saturday.

This family get together was great! We had lots of laughs and sooo many photographs taken!

Mum loved the album we had made and we spent a lot of time pouring over it and recalling memories that the photos evoked.

Like all families we have had our share of trials and disagreements. That is all part of family life. But I thank God for such a wonderful, close family, who are more to each other than siblings but also great friends.

Here is a piece I posted previously with a short poem I wrote some years ago about my mum.

21 comments:

  1. Ruby,

    Isn't it wonderful to have family?! Congrats to your Mum on her 80th. You're right about it being nice that her hand is in the picture too :0)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great celebration. I can't even start to guess which one is you in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat beautiful photos Ruby and how blessed you all are! Praise God for His blessings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day you had! Isn't nice to have a family who loves you!
    I am going to make a guess here- I think you are the one in the green shirt in the family pic.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one in the turquoise shirt? (If it is you, you look very youthful!) Lovely pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no logical reason for guessing this way, but I think the lady in the pearl earrings. I do hope you are going to fess up and let us know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun!
    I will reveal which one is me but I'll wait a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! What a teasing soul you are! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special celebration! I think it may be the first lady on the left, in the photo (with the maroon/grey/black sort of shirt).

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going with turquoise shirt for Ruby, too :-)

    What a wonderful occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turquoise shirt with he eye glasses at the button down part

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Everyone!
    Whether guesses or perhaps a few of you have seen pics of me in other spots on the net? Yes, I am the sister in the green/ torquoise shirt!
    Thank you Jeanne for saying I look youthful! I am the youngest of the girls. Also the er...plumpest...by chin count! and the fairest in hair and complexion.
    You know I would gladly look like any of my beautiful sisters! Again I say, Thank God for setting me in this very special family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruby,
    Well, I would have picked the one in the turquoise shirt, too, as you look the youngest and you look nice - sorry, no other word for it, or is there - honest, friendly, cheery.

    Praise God that you still have your mum at 80!
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruby, who knew you were such a baby!?!

    lol! The real you would have been my third guess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You gals are very sweet!
    Even though I have younger brothers, I think perhaps I have been the baby of the family in some ways! Fairly recently a relative commented that I had been a very placid baby, at which Mum just laughed claiming my feet rarely hit the ground as a child,I was so doted on by the older kids!
    My brothers, older and younger have always been very protective of me. No wonder I see my childhood as "Golden".

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Jillian. I chose the lady in turquoise because she looked 'nice' and 'friendly' and 'happy' and 'kind'. All character traits I associate with you. I'm so glad she's you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful post with pictures of your family! I, too, love the picture of the cake with your mum's hand in it. So nice to get together with family, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm guessing the pearl earrings. Since you aren't so much like me who plasters pictures of herself ALL over the blog.. you can give us an entire post with pictures of you, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I guessed correctly! You are all beautiful ladies, but I somehow knew that the sweetest one would be you♥

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.