Friday, September 18, 2009

DeTERMination


Determination. That's a good word to sum what it takes to persevere, through whatever circumstances are thrown at us.


Another school term has flown by. It is both a wonderful relief and a little scary to come to another block of school holidays. Wonderful relief, because we all get somewhat tired, cranky and frustrated with our days of repetitive work. A little scary because it means only one more term in the 2009 school year and so much still be done. So many thoughts and considerations for the future.


What we've achieved and enjoyed most:

*Both boys showing improvement in their reading. (slow and steady wins the race)

*Both enjoying the practical activities we've done and the new Art sessions we've started with other friends.

*Guitar teacher is very happy with the progress they are making.

*Basket ball remains the big highlight of the week. A new season starts in October.

*Progress in memory work eg catechisms and poems (again slow and steady :0)

*Some character traits we have worked on showing through (plenty of work to go on with here!)

*Mum has taken things a little more light heartedly this term and so not finishing feeling quite so tired, defeated and all out of ideas as the previous few breaks.


I thank God for my boys and his preserving and comforting during this term.
This weekend we celebrate, with all the immediate family tonight and extended family and friends tomorrow, my mother's 80th birthday.
I thank God for that very special woman today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby,

    This is a great idea, and something I might spend some time on today for myself - looking back over our past term of school work and thinking over the things to be thankful for, the things we have achieved and what we have enjoyed the most.

    Quite often I end our terms feeling discouraged over what I haven't achieved with my children. Time to change my focus. Thanks for the idea.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for progress, no matter how slow - as long as it's steady!

    And a huge Happy Birthday to your Mum. 80 years -what a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, progress is progress! Sounds like you and your boys have had a great term.

    A very happy birthday to your wonderful mum. I hope you all have a lovely day together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your celebrations especially with the 80 year old grandma. What a milestone! What a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.