
The highlight of our week has been the first birthday of our older grandson/nephew! He is almost ready to take off walking and is a sweet natured, busy little man. He has only two teeth and they have only come through in the last couple of weeks. I'm told that the later their teeth come through, the stronger the teeth? We had a lovely afternoon at the local Botanic Gardens with his little cousin, who will be one in five weeks, and other family.
I can hardly believe how quickly the first year of my grandchildren's lives has flown. It has been a wonderful and very special time for me. I love being a mum and absolutely relish being "Mumma". Despite situations which are not the ideal (to my way of thinking :-) I am thankful to the Lord for this blessed season of life...Grandmotherhood!
While we have to keep up our Phonics drills, Maths, Science, SOSE etc you may notice that we are trying to include as many practical activities as possible into our week.This has always been a priority for me but even more so at present.
Our regular cooking session with JJ yielded this lovely Chocolate Slice! This has been a favourite in our house for years. If I get time I will post the recipe as well. Very simple.
The boys and a couple of others got some hands on skills with one of the dads as well this week and we will be trying to make this a regular event too, utilizing the various skills the men have to offer. Here they helped rotate the tyres on our friends' vehicle and the dad was really great at getting each of the boys on a tyre and doing the work themselves. They also got instruction in changing a washer on a leaky tap, which ended up as a whole change of taps!
Sigh...another week gone. Can it really be the Septmeber school holidays next week?

Mmmm birthdays of littlies are always highlights, aren't they? Happy Birthday to your little man.
ReplyDeleteI love the contrast between cooking and car maintenance in your sons' week - what a dichotomy!
I hadn't thought about that!
ReplyDeleteRather a funny contrast in the photos! Actually the workers cleaned up the slice for morning tea after the mechanical projects, too!
Happy birthday to your grandson. Gorgeous birthday cake.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your grandson. Enjoy him while he is still little, for before you know it, he will be 16.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><
So happy with you for the birthday of your first grandson. Those are really neat ideas for homeschooling as well.
ReplyDeleteFun, fun. Happy birthday to this sweet little guy. Late!! Our eldest grand is going to be 5 in January. They, like our own children grow up too fast.
ReplyDeleteI really am looking forward to be a nanna! It is a new season of life, one that I don't fully appreciate just yet because I am not there but who knows...........could be around the corner!
ReplyDeleteYour Grandson is so cute. x