I often marvel at this wonderful season of life!The days are jam packed with families, schooling activities, and challenges further afield. Some days, I feel so brim full, I can't imagine what might be happening in the world further afield - and it seems to get along just fine without me!
Even with out babies of my own in the house :-( , no toddlers underfoot :-(, only a couple of half grown boys to keep me hopping :o) I seldom find a moment in the day in which to contemplate. The bathroom is still constantly in demand, the fridge is opened at frequent intervals, the wash basket still overflows regularly.
I steal my quite reading/ prayer time in the morning before the house wakes, but then it is go, go, go the rest of the day.
I'm loving this season of life.
I am thinking a lot lately of priorities.
I am thinking a lot of family.
I live in an old house, but it's a home. It needs some fixing, but we afford it. It needs some cleaning but there is no shortage of love and friendship here. The yard is overgrown, but my limited energy is consumed elsewhere and the boys still have a ton of fun there. And DH keeps a few projects going here too.
I thank God for a time of life when I can look back and see his good hand upon me even in times of great trial. When I can look forward with anticipation to what he has in store for me. And I can live day by day in a "middle aged" peace and contentment which only God can bestow.
Soooooo... today I came across a book of Sudoku. I love these puzzles but have not had the opportunity to tackle one for some time. Can I rouse my mind from such rambling thoughts long enough to try one tonight?
I think I just might!
I love Suduko too. I should pull my book back out too.
ReplyDeleteHe he - just found this old post. I love sudoku too, but had to stop doing them - they wasted too much time.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't stop until I had it solved - I have such an addictive personality. Sigh...
Sorry Jeanne I do have the old posts moderated.
ReplyDeleteI have that addictive personality, too. Whether it is cross words, sudokus, card games on computer or...sigh... blogging.