Monday, May 25, 2009

Psalm 119 : Beth

By what means shall a young man learn
his way to purify?
If he according to thy word
thereto attentive be.
Unfeignedly thee have I sought
with all my soul and heart:
O let me not from the right path
of thy commands depart.
.....
Thy word I in my heart have hid,
that I offend not thee.
O Lord, thou ever blessed art,
thy statutes teach thou me.
The judgements of thy mouth each one
my lips declared have:
More joy thy testimonies' way
than riches all me gave.
.....
I will thy holy precepts make
my meditation;
And carefully I'll have respect
unto thy ways each one.
Upon thy statutes my delight
shall constantly be set:
And, by thy grace, I never will
thy holy word forget.
........
Scottish Metrical Version

2 comments:

  1. I love your new header picture. Well, all the old pictures actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Just wish I was more savvy with technology and could do a nice narrow one.
    That is my (paternal) grandmother seated on the step beside her brother with her mother and sister standing. Taken around 1912/13

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.