Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Old Time Values in a Modern World




"One of the greatest things a man can do for his children,
is to love their mother."


I read that quote many years ago so I am unable to give credit to the author. However, I have been pondering it today. Of course, a father who loves the Lord is a greater blessing to children.


"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church,
and gave himself for it."
Ephesians 5:25


The above photograph is probably not the most appropriate to the thoughts of marriage, husbands and happy families, but I love to use photos from my own family albums. The young woman on the left is my paternal grandmother in her teens, and is the only known picture of all eleven children together. Taken around 1908.

These pioneering ancestors remind me of the sacrifices, hard work, faith and commitment it takes to have a happy, successful and productive marriage and family. In our day and social climate, marriage and family are throw away, and sometimes valueless things. So many have lost the moral values of their parents and grandparents and adopted this worldly way of thinking. Serving self, ignoring God.

It is heartening to ponder, first, that God never changes, and his way is perfect. And secondly that there is a remnant even in this day, who are seeking to live for Christ.


"He setteth the solitary in families."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.