
I have a very special friend, a beloved sister in the Lord, who I esteem and value very highly. She is about ten years my senior and so is both a great friend and a great example to me. She has been a loving and submissive wife, who has shared and exemplified a godly christian marriage. She has nursed her husband through cancer and to his death. She has raised her family in the fear and nurture of the Lord and seen, not all, but most now adults, married and in a strong walk before God. She is a fabulous, committed and patient grandmother, adored by her grandkids. She is a wonderful home maker, cook, gardener and crafter, she looks well to the ways of her household and on her lips is the law of kindness. She gives her time freely to charity work. She blesses the congregation, especially the women with her wisdom, time, humour and the gentle way she accepts the Lord's will in her life.
My dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago. She has undergone surgery, chemotherapy and radium treatment. It has been a hard trial. She has had many dark days, but she has been an unfailing testimony to the strength which comes only from her faith in God and in his providence. The joy of the Lord is her strength.
Now, her one year results show that despite all of that, she may have further cancer in the same area.
Oh Lord! How difficult are the trials which are set before us. But your ways are not our ways and you do all things well!
Lord, bless her and keep her and make your light to shine upon her - for she is your servant and she trusts in you,.
I am thankful for the blessing of a friend such as this. May I have the grace to be a true friend to her in her time of need..
.
My dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago. She has undergone surgery, chemotherapy and radium treatment. It has been a hard trial. She has had many dark days, but she has been an unfailing testimony to the strength which comes only from her faith in God and in his providence. The joy of the Lord is her strength.
Now, her one year results show that despite all of that, she may have further cancer in the same area.
Oh Lord! How difficult are the trials which are set before us. But your ways are not our ways and you do all things well!
Lord, bless her and keep her and make your light to shine upon her - for she is your servant and she trusts in you,.
I am thankful for the blessing of a friend such as this. May I have the grace to be a true friend to her in her time of need..
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.