Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fifty-eight years..........





On this day, 31st March, 1951 my parents were married.


Thank you Dad and Mum for those wonderful years. Years through which you have truly lived your vows, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, through good times and in bad, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, with all my worldly goods I thee endow, until death do us part.



How I thank God for bringing you together and for placing me among your children.




Today Dad and Mum celebrate with a wonderful heritage to look back over. Blessed with eight children, one passed away in childhood and seven married. Twenty two grandchildren. and to make it very special, today a little boy born, their eighteenth great grandchild with another due in a couple of weeks.


May the Lord bless and keep you and make his face to shine upon you.



Edit: 2010.
Mum and Dad still going strong!
Great Grandchildren number twenty two and twenty three are expected later this year!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ruby,

    What a wonderful picture of your parents and story behind it. :)

    May God continue to bless you and yours with His wonderful grace.

    In His grace,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! Celebrate the lasting commitment and covenant of their marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing old wedding photographs. My grandparents-in-law just celebrated their 65th anniversary.

    HB and I will celebrate 17 years on Saturday - we've got a long way to go.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful example your parents have been, Ruby! What a privilege to grow up in a family like yours. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful milestone for your parents Ruby. I love old photos too, and I must say, your Mum has a really happy and joyful look on her face. They both look sooo happy! Whenever I have seen wedding photos of the past, they are inclined to look more serious. The joy is obvious for your parents.

    And the family keeps growing! That is their heritage and blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.