
"A good conscience is a soft pillow."
This proverb was mentioned at our mid-week meeting last night and I thought it so -well...so proverbial !- that it must have been biblical. Apparently not. According to Google, an English proverb of unknown origin. Cited in literature. Also used similarly in many other languages.
.
"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." Psalm 127:2
.
"And herein do I exercise myself, to have a good conscience towards God, and toward men." Acts24:16
.
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear;
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ." 1 Peter 3:15,16
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.