
I have pretty much stuck to the plan. I managed 2 bags of clothes to a charity shop and one of hand-me-downs to friends, plus a large box of rubbish went out. I am amazed how much stuff had accumulated that has never been used or will never be used. Also, one of the cupboards had some stuff belonging to my girls so I was able to disperse that as well. (3 years after they moved out of home:0)
Mostly ironing and mending related stuff.
Please note as a bonus I have almost emptied the ironing basket!



I procrastinate about ironing. Hate it! I have just found the bottom of my ironing basket, and today's washing has half filled it up again!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it feel good to declutter and get things done though?
My ironing never ends either..a job that both myself and my daughter would rather someone else do! Ruby, how did you get all this done with your boys around??? Tell me the secret!
ReplyDeleteStraight jackets!!
ReplyDeleteNah....not really
I don't get ANY housework done during school time as both my boys have learning difficulties and require constant supervision and help. I stress, I am not a great housekeeper, so don't imagine a Vogue type place. We live in a very old house. "Clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy!" When my girls were this age I could set them school stuff and go hang washing etc but not these days.
Like most boys mine are very energetic, so a good deal of their free time is taken up with bikes, skate boards, basketball, and a limited amount of TV/Computer.
But that is why I use the half hour tactic. I find if we are having a morning/ afternoon break I can do a job where before I started that it never got done. Some jobs of course they can help, but not this photo/ scrapping area.
Sigh...my guys would love the space and freedom that their country cousins have.
Mum-me,
ReplyDeleteThat is the frustrating thing. You just make some head way and then in comes the next load!
As I said, by taking on a larger project some of the other regular stuf has suffered.
Rest assured. No one goes with out meals here.
Ruby! I moved out of my parent's home 27 years ago, and my stuff still fills one side table while my sister's fills the other...I hope she doesn't read you post and decide to declutter any time soon...three years indeed!!
ReplyDeleteYes, same here. I had to confess to my daughters that I still had stuff at Mum's until they moved in retirement. (About 14 years after I got married and 18 after I left home)
ReplyDeleteGreat work, Ruby,
ReplyDeleteKeep it up! Just don't overdo it!
Bethany