Friday, June 26, 2009

Blitz Report Week 3.

Done and Dusted!


I really want to thank my blogging friend Organizing Mommy for the motivation to do this project which was hanging over me for a LONG time. Go to her site Organized Everyday to read about the Blitz concept and get other handy organizational tips.

Read here to view my 3 week plan. Then here and here to see my weekly progress.



Before
The fact that the before photo isn't quite clear just adds to dishevelled look, don't you think?

After
This is an old TV unit which serves nicely for storing my scrap booking and family history gear. It has two little cupboards with doors at the bottom and they house the family history folders, photographs and a box of art supplies. Sadly rarely used in this non artistic household.
These shelves have the organized photographs and scrap booking paraphernalia.
I actually didn't stick closely to the week 3 plan as I knew I would be pushed for portions of time each day (Even this post is being pre done!) I spent quite a few hours last Saturday sorting the family history files but I already had folders going so it was manageable.
All of my holiday projects are smaller but it has given me a boost to get this biggy out of the road. Another incentive is that my mother-in-law is coming to stay! I am looking forward to actually doing some scrap booking to enjoy the fruit of the labours.
Thanks again Organizing Mommy.
P.S. I actually have a terrific mum-in-law!

9 comments:

  1. Now I'm inspired... and convicted.

    My office looks like a disaster scene! Time to get to work...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come to my house next? Pick me!! Pick me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :0) I'd love to come to your house Jeanne but I hope you don't get the picture of me as some sort of house keeping whizz. I'm the complete opposite.
    I have an old house which I struggle to keep on top of and the Blitz idea was just a good motivation!
    I've decided to take before and after pics for all my bigger jobs as it is very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You did incredible work on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I've been blitzing in small bursts for a while now, but I am going to need to do some big blitzing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are inspiring! I need to organize and finish scrapbooking after my other big projects. Thank for showing pictures also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there. Sorry it took so long to answer your question. Here is a link to the collage thing on my blog. It wasn't that hard. Took a minute or so to figure it out.

    http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i wish i was brave enought to blitz pictures, ha ha. Great job oh how I love a organized space!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job. That looks great!

    I too have many organizing projects to do and will check out the recommended website.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.