Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mum-me's Meme



I told Mum-me at Our Aussie Half Dozen that these tag games can be a bit time consuming and thought not to participate. Now ( Thursday night) I have decided I'd join in and schedule it to post Saturday. So, while I am away at the coast, talking myself hoarse at the Family Reunion, you can learn at little more about me! (That's a little fact for my file - I am a good talker!)
This meme obviously started in the Northern Hemisphere, so June to September is actually Winter here. Never mind, think October to April for Summer, but remember that in sunny Queensland the Winter weather is beautiful one day, perfect the next!
What's your fav day of summer(June 1-Sept 1)?
We have a big family get together around New Year every year. My mum started this years ago and now they have retired we still all go to them. There's heaps of food, laughter and kids!
What's your fav indoor activity during summer?
Anything in air conditioning! We get up into the 40s Celsius so finding a cool spot is a priority.

Fav outdoor activity?
Not a swimmer but like to be beside water, watching and listening to kids splashing.

The pool or the beach?
I love the beach for coolness and walking and it's only 40 mins away. The pool is better for swimming and supervision. Interestingly, the sun is so severe here most everyone covers up well.
Have you ever camped in a tent during the summer heat?
Yes, when I was much younger and much sillier.

Popsicles or ice cream?
(Naughty but...) Weiss bars - ice cream
What flavour?
Mango and Macadamia
Do you help in your church's VBS?
Don't run one.
Do you get bored during summer?
No. I do not allow my children to be/say they are bored and try to lead by example.
Are you going anywhere this summer?
Not staying away but we'll head to the beach (east) and to relatives (west) a lot.
Is summer your fav season?
Absolutely NOT! The Winters here are magnificent and I thrive on them.

As with all these meme type things I am supposed to 'tag' several other people. So if I have ever commented on your blog - you're tagged!

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting Ruby! I am glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mango and macadamia! They have that down under? I wouldn't know where to get that here in Florida, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum-me,
    Yes, it actually didn't take so long.

    NewKid
    Mangoes, Mangoes everywhere!! They love this CQ weather and macadamias are also called Queensland nuts so we have lots of them too. Weiss Bars however I can't vouch they are made here but they are like a frozen bar with the fruit flavour on one side and the ice cream on the other. Just gorgeous. that is actually something I love the taste of but am not able to eat :0( maybe on a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Ruby, mmmmmm weiss bars! They are made in Toowoomba :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks BB - I'm pleased to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ms. Ruby! Thanks for being so sweet in your comments on my blog. You encourage me!

    I'd like to know more about the AFC and plan to read up on it. I love the psalms. We are getting a new pastor and we hope he will make them a priority in our worship services. The OPC is not exclusively a psalm-singing denomination, sadly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it was the Psalm reference in your name which first caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.