Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mothers' Day Revisited


Back in May, I had a lot of trouble finding a photograph of myself with Mum. So, the Blitz has yielded this nice little snap of my youthful mother and her sixth child and fifth daughter, me! I'm only a few weeks old but I'm not sure what the occasion was. In the full picture, I am surrounded by grandma and aunts. The photo is captioned on the back " 4 Mrs ..........." and was given to me by one of the aunts.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found the photo! Maybe it was a christening? We have a photo of the 4 generations of men on my husbands side taken at my son's dedication, and a photo of the 4 generations of women on my side taken at my daughters wedding. And when HB's Grandparents had their 60th wedding anniversary we had a photo taken of the 6 pairs of Mr & Mrs .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum-me,
    You have a married duaghter?

    I know it's not my own baptism as I have pics of me with the sibs and I'm VERY tiny and in different venue. One of the oldies may know if I inquire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have!!

    Of course if you were child one or two there'd be lots of photos, wouldn't there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems to be the way it works. Lots of photos of the first couple, we in the middle very few. (One single aunt has furnished most of those). My two younger brothers have heaps, as the older siblings had started with cameras by then. Of course, I'm a middling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, my dad played a cassette of the song - Daddy's Girl - at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.