Psalm 22
My God, my God, why hast thou me
forsaken? why so far
Art thou from helping me, and from
my words that roaring are?
All day, my God, to thee I cry,
yet am not heard by thee;
and in the season of the night
I cannot silent be.
(Verses 1 & 2)
Their mouth they open'd wide on me,
upon me gape did they.
Like to a lion ravening
and roaring for his prey.
Like water I'm pour'd out, my bones
all out of joint do part:
amidst my bowels, as the wax,
so melted is my heart.
My strength is like a potsherd dry'd;
my tongue it cleaveth fast
Unto my jaws; and to the dust
of death thou brought me hast.
For dogs have compass'd me about:
the wicked, that did meet
In their assembly, me inclos'd;
they pierc'd my hands and feet.
I all my bones may tell; they do
upon me look and stare.
Upon my vesture lots they cast,
and clothes among them share.
But be not far, O Lord, my strength;
haste to give help to me.
From sword my soul, from pow'r of dogs
my darling set thou free.
(Verses 13 - 20)
All ends of th' earth remember shall,
and turn the Lord unto;
all kindreds of the nations
to him shall homage do:
Because the kingdom to the Lord
doth appertain as his;
Likewise among the nations
the Governor he is.
(Verses 27 & 28)
They shall come, and they shall declare
his truth and righteousness
Unto the people yet unborn,
and that he hath done this.
(Verse 31)
Scottish Metrical Version
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.