Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Into the Bowels of the Earth


Excursion through The Caves system with the local homeschoolers.
Inside the Cathedral Cave. (Top)
Access has been improved and weddings and concerts are sometimes performed here. It holds about 60. The tour guide turned the lights off for several minutes and we sat in total darkness. This was to show the children what it was like for cavers before electric lighting was installed. It has been done very effectively using a lot of natural nooks and crannies.(below)
The owners have also built a labyrinth of ladders, bridges and walkways which make the tour accessable even to non - cavers (such as myself). They gave the children choices of an exit adventure too which was great!
Photographs taken November 2008

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby! Thanks for your suggestions about lightening my load. Asking my husband might be a great place to start. I love your Australian "accent" that comes through in your writing. Isn't it fun how the internet makes the world so much smaller? I'm encouraged that you are able to homeschool over there! and that the Christians are alive and well too--at least in your corner of the world. Oh, are you going to try blitzing this week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day. Waddaya mean?!!!!!
    Sadly my real life voice is typically Aussie. Flat and toneless.
    Wasn't the Blitz the bombing of London? that's how I'm feeling housework wise at the moment! Friday is the last day of the school term here so the boys and I will definately do an end of term blitz. At least in the school area.
    Ruby
    Yes, despite how the rest of the world perceives us we are actually quite civilized. I am blessed with both a solid and godly church family and a fantastic wider community of christians in the homeschooling group.
    God has been so good to set me in this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cave trip looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby, Thank you for commenting about your post here. That cave looks amazing! We'll certainly try and fit a visit in there if we're ever that far north.

    We are planning on a cave visit near Lakes Entrance, called Bucchan Caves, in November.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.