I love it. It reminds me of something that happened years ago. My sister called me on Christmas day to see how my Christmas went. I had told her that I got a waffle iron as one of my gifts to which she said. "Only one?" "I can just see it now, all those kids standing in line like little chicks waiting for their food."
I then told her that I already had one and this was the 2nd!!!!
This is my beloved Grandma, cooking in her dirt floor, woodstove, lean-to kitchen for Grandad and her four oldest. My own dad is standing second from her. Love their short pants and suspenders! Grandad always smoked a pipe and lived to be 91. A rare photograph taken by a visiting relative in 1928. Grandma actually lost a little baby girl, still born in June that year but I am not sure what date this was taken. Love my family history!
Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.
I can just smell the food. We have grits and biscuits to go with them here. What do Aussies serve with eggs and bacon?
ReplyDeleteLove this picture. I'll take some eggs, but you can have my share of the bacon.
ReplyDeleteI love it. It reminds me of something that happened years ago. My sister called me on Christmas day to see how my Christmas went. I had told her that I got a waffle iron as one of my gifts to which she said. "Only one?" "I can just see it now, all those kids standing in line like little chicks waiting for their food."
ReplyDeleteI then told her that I already had one and this was the 2nd!!!!
Ruby,
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat black and white photograph!
Blessings,
-Lady Rose
What a beautiful vintage black and white keepsake! Love it! xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is my beloved Grandma, cooking in her dirt floor, woodstove, lean-to kitchen for Grandad and her four oldest. My own dad is standing second from her. Love their short pants and suspenders! Grandad always smoked a pipe and lived to be 91. A rare photograph taken by a visiting relative in 1928. Grandma actually lost a little baby girl, still born in June that year but I am not sure what date this was taken. Love my family history!
ReplyDelete