Friday, October 29, 2010

It is Late....I am Tired...


 
Sometimes it fascinates me that I am the only person who can hang up the towels, change the toilet roll or wipe down benches! Sometimes that fascinates me, sometimes it just plain infuriates me, and sometimes it wears me out! Sometimes you just gotta be thankful for a home, a family, clean towels and dunny rolls!


It's been a marvellous week with fine, crisp weather. Warming up but not unbearably hot or stiflingly humid. We haven't done as much school work as we might have planned but we are well on track to be finished with the books in four weeks time. Woohoo....only four more weeks!


We have done a lot of nice stuff with visiting friends and the older sisters and the little grand boys. Those are precious days. When soggy towels are lying on the floor and benches need wiping down and dishes need doing I am reminded that the people God has placed in my life are the most important thing. I am so thankful for my very special and precious children, grandchildren and friends ~ especially those of the household of faith.



Have a terrific weekend!
Don't forget to hug and appreciate your family, too!

17 comments:

  1. I though to myself when I first began reading, "Yes, she is tired." I too wonder about those same things when I am tired. They are endless, simple tasks and I wonder why I am the only sometimes to notice when they need done. I suppose it's a blessing though from the Lord that He has placed in us a mom's to notice these "little" things. Maybe a gift we receive when we say "I do" because I certainly don't remember them ever needing done before that 2 words were said!!

    Four weeks to go. Something grand to look forward to for sure. Enjoy those wonderful family members.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to the first part of your post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Ruby: you gotta love the man who fishes a toilet roll out of the packet the sits it on top of the holder!!! Yep own one. Always wonder what he thinks he's doing.

    Steamy after the rain here too. We are not on track. Too many mental health days, but as you say, it's the people who are important & Star's sister is gone so much now that when she is here ~ well it's good for them to spend time together. ☺
    Have a wonderful weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby,

    My husband is sweet enough to remember to change the paper toilet rolls, but in exchange, he leaves me other "sweet reminders" that remind me that he also resides with me in our "castle."

    Sounds like your homeschooling days are progressing nicely. The picture of the game board on your post, is that something that you and the children made together?

    Anyway, take care dear friend, and thank you for the reminder for us dear ladies to enjoy as well as love our precious families. :)

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ganeida,
    I was concerned and all set to email you with hugs and expressions of sympathy I when I read your comment just now. Then I checked my emails and saw the comment from your own blog which you were referencing. Great name for it. I shall share the "Mental Health Day" idea with my mums group at our next coffee night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Rose,
    In this post "Fun with Phonics" http://mummasplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/fun-with-phonics.html
    I share a number of activities we use regularly in our quest to improve the reading skills of my two young fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is juat a gorgeous post Ruby. Over the last 2 weeks I have had my tow nieces around and my great nephew and I have been very distracted, I still have wet towels on the floor, dishes in the sink and washing to be folded, but like you said family time is just sooooo precious and they went home last night and I have no regrest now becuse I gave a lot of my attention to them.

    Have an awesome weekend Ruby, you will find me in the laundry...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s sorry about the spelling mistakes, my fingers are going faster than my brain! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toilet rolls, once emptied they end up in the floor, only cms from the bin, why not just lift the lid of the bin and pop it in. And as for replacing the roll, either place it on the floor or balance it on top of the roll holder. Not a clue. Nor do they know how to empty the bin in the toilet, it can be over flowing, I know this as I did a little experiment!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I have a husband and son who not only change the empty toilet roll and put the cardbard cylinder in the bin but who also remember to put the toilet seat back down after they've been in the bathroom.

    Benchtops and floorspace, however, seem to them to be the only logical place to put schoolbags, paperwork, clothes, shoes (not shoes on the benchtops, though) and just about everything else.

    Enjoy your last nth of school. We still have 6 weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be 'month' (not 'nth') of school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Disbelieving shake of head) Mum-me, that is amazing. You must be one scary mummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always about the relationships rather than things, isn't it? Hard to remember sometimes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true Ruby, it is good to be able to delight and see the wonders in the midst of our days, even if it is sometimes hard.

    Have a beauty filled Sunday, and thank you for your kind words you left on my blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am learning to be an Alzheimer's caregiver for my husband and am finding I am doing almost everything around the house, but so grateful for the long-term memory of my husband and what he does remember to do. He makes the bed, feeds our dog, waters plants and mows the grass. When I put tasks on our large calendar, sometimes he remembers to check and do them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAha! Very funny and true! may your days be filled with love and laughter this week...and clean dry towels...and full toilet rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen, Melanie, what more can a mother ask for!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.