On Saturday, the Capricornia Homeschool students, our local homeschooling group,
presented their concert. About 150 turned out to be entertained by a number
of individual performers and some group items, as well as the three choirs
which have been preparing for the last couple of months.
Being the wonderful photographer that I am not, I left my camera on standby and
missed recording my boys performing the fun choir piece, "Chiquita Banana".
All of the children did a wonderful job.
The main organiser, one of our very talented mothers, has an equally talented husband.
He is director of the Music Department at the local Uni and so we were able to
use the auditorium for our big occasion.
The Uni's Jazz Band which is set to tour in America, opened the concert
with a set of their pieces.
Surely the Homeschoolers' Concert is the only place where Dad has to rush up to
retrieve the baby off stage while the Sax solo is on?
No.....we see that in church on occasion too!
Or where little one has to sit beside mum while she plays accompaniment?
That's Home Schooling!
Chiquita Banana
My boys are right about centre.
Some beautiful violin pieces.
If I only had a brain.
Ah....and arvo tea of course.
A little blurry but I loved all the long hair styles!





Looks lovely! I like that first shot - the younger girls at the left look so proud to be up there singing :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a special event. I would have loved to be part of that. It's important to try and encourage a love of music in our children.
ReplyDeleteI have often had my toddlers sitting beside me on the piano seat/stool as I have accompanied the choir or played for church service.
That's so awesome! Great memories being made too! x
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful, children love performing in front of their families.
ReplyDeleteYou are soo blessed to have such a large homeschool group! It sounds wonderful ~ & oh! I tagged you, if you'd like to play. ☺
ReplyDeleteOoooooohhhhh....goodie!
ReplyDeleteThat looks just wonderful! What a lot of fun. :)
ReplyDeleteI am sooooooo jealous of your homeschool group. Looks like a wonderful occasion!
ReplyDelete