Continuing the weekly waffle.
As I sit at the computer, I hear my little grand daughter several rooms away. "Mum! Mum! Mum!" her strident little voice is calling. The twins will be nine months old soon. They have been scooting around the floor for some time and are standing momentarily. Before we know it they will be walking. I cannot vouch for the state of the floors here but I trust these little ones are building up lots of immunity! Their little cousin just over the hill is up and rocking on all fours. Sigh...they are not babies for long ♥.
Having babies in the house once again is reminding me just how precious and fleeting life is. My own "baby" will be thirteen next week! I love that I have been given so much time with my grandchildren. Yes, they are boisterous. They're loud and they bellow and roar when things don't go their way. They do make a lot of mess :-) But they fill our lives with cuddles and cute one liners and we wonder what we will do when they actually do go?
Each night, the two year old pulls my clothes and says, "Come. 'Tars" We three, the two and three year olds and Mumma, sit on the top steps and point out the moon and stars and sing appropriate nursery rhymes. Then the little fellows run squealing into the house, "Dinosaurs!" as car lights come down the road. Like a lot of little boys they love dinosaurs and loud roaring creatures. Then we all snuggle in for "'Tory Time". Sweet dreams, little men. ♥
I really think that draining my brain has worked to some degree. Much of my fogginess has lifted which is a puzzle to me as I was attributing it to medication. None of which has changed. But yes, definitely feeling sharper. I still need a lot of sleep but managing. I am actually fairly happy with how our school days are panning out though I admit to many doubts and fears. The boys and I have settled fairly well into the new "routine" which is basically....we have done away with the routine and do whatever can be managed! I hope this is just another season but it is turning into quite a looong winter.
I even ventured to the Mothers' Night out. It was so good to socialise with my friends. Sometimes these nights are for sharing things we are struggling with, which we touched on, but mostly it is good just to relax, enjoy company, compare notes and indulge in some nice food and beverages.
My short daily devotional on prayer has been helpful. Prayer is a given in the Christian walk and yet we do not always use this wonderful communication with our God. We sometimes take it for granted and presume upon his goodness. I am humbled as I read through the Biblical examples at just how similar our Godly forbears were to us in their failures and faults. However, the gracious dealing of the Lord with them and his preserving hand upon them is also a great encouragement. How amazing to think that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the same God forever.
For this God is our God for ever and ever,
He will be our Guide, even unto death.
Psalm 48: 14


'Each night, the two year old pulls my clothes and says, "Come. 'Tars" We three, the two and three year olds and Mumma, sit on the top steps and point out the moon and stars and sing appropriate nursery rhymes. Then the little fellows run squealing into the house, "Dinosaurs!" as car lights come down the road. Like a lot of little boys they love dinosaurs and loud roaring creatures. Then we all snuggle in for "'Tory Time". Sweet dreams, little men.' -- I just *loved* this Ruby.
ReplyDeleteAnd what you said about finding that all the saints in the Bible had our same failings, and God is the same to us as to them, is very precious.
Glad you are feeling better. Some seasons are longer than others. ♥
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the fogginess as started to subside. I know I've ditched scheduals before, and adopted a whole, we'll-do-what-we-can-manage routine. It has worked amazingly well for me in the past.
ReplyDeleteYou described my life perfectly...we have 11 living here, five of my own, one SIL and three grandbabies. We live in a house I thought too small before the little family moved back home. Loud, messy ... but little hugs and kisses. It is hard, but so good!
ReplyDeleteThe other day I was realizing that when my children do finish college and move it, it could all be at the same time! I could quickly go from 11 household members to 4. That doesn't sound fun at all. So, I try to cherish the messy, loud moments while I have them.
Glad you're feeling less 'foggy' and managed to get out for a girls night. Times does fly by, doesn't it? My HB and I are starting to get a little bit panicky at the thought that our eldest may only be living with us for another 18 months or so, depending on her post-high school plans. I can still remember, so clearly, when she was a newborn and a toddler and a cute little girl. I try to 'enjoy' it all while it's here, but some days it's a hard thing to do. Reminding myself how I'll miss them when they've moved into the next stage of their lives does help sometimes, but other times all I want to do is sleep in peace.
ReplyDeleteHow precious that you are getting to spend so much time with your grandbabies. As a family, we were very close to my mum and dad... they lived with us a lot, on and off. And at times, it was hard. Quite hard, especially for a newly married couple with toddlers. But I wouldn't have traded it for the world.
ReplyDeleteI too am reading about prayer at the moment. Most challenging it has been, too.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you feeling brighter.
The little snippets of your day sound just blissful. I am glad.
Hugs.
Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI love reading about bits of your day. And yes, you are so blessed to have those grandbabies so near. They are, too! What memories are being made. My children won't have many memories of their grandparents. And that does make me sad.
God bless you, sweet friend!