Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life is just like a merry-go-round!


WORDLESS  WEDNESDAY







8 comments:

  1. You must be having a grand time!

    Ruby, on another blog we both commented on today the pastor called us "guys". Do you use such casual talk in Australia! Would you say "mate" or "gals"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do I love a good carnival. At least that's what it looks like from over here across the pond. Do you all call it the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's Show day!
    All of my children went but I stayed and had the baby here. Four hours is the longest stretch he has been away from Mum and he was cross with me :-( Mum had a good time though. My boys came home very hyped. It is only the second time they have been and they had a ball.

    Tricia,
    We call our local one The Show and the big capital city one, The Exhibition, but it is the same as a Fair or Carnival.

    Carol,
    That was funny havund the good Pastor called us guys! Thanks for your reply to that. I read it just now.
    Over here everyone is very casual and we do use the expression for both males and females. Even I do for a couple say, but usually just for males. I call girls either girls or ladies.
    Most of the Pastors I know are quite formal and would never address a woman as guy. But, hey, most of the Pastors I know don't blog either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate too much cotton candy at a ball game the other day. I was trying to describe to them how it was made. Guess I need to bring them to Mumma's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember loving the Exhibition when I was a child/teen. We would go every year without fail. I was only thinking of the sample bags yesterday. Reflecting on how cheap they were back then, and how you would get so many things/samples in them. Not so these days!

    I am a bit of a scrooge because when we lived in Brisbane, and my children were younger... I hardly ever took them to the Exhibition. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy,
    What you call Cotton Candy, we call Fairy Floss!! Believe me it has all the same properties. My guys didn't even buy any. They have all felt the affects of it before and it is not good if you want to do rides as well.

    Amanda,
    I have only been to the Ecca once, my first year working. My friend/ cousin and I hit the city and had the time of our eighteen year old lives. Two country bumpkins in the Big Smoke. Great memories!
    We went to the local show every second year as children but the ephasis was more on the agricultural side and the displays, now days the sideshows and rides are the big draw card for kids and they cost a fortune. The boys have saved all year to have spending money for the show and they managed to spend nearly every dollar of it .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very exciting day!
    It's been a few years since we've been to a carnival, but Spring will bring them back again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't fairy floss since I was a child - loved it back then, but would probably find it far to sweet now. We don't go to the Royal Show any more as the one in Canberra isn't that great. But I have very fond memories of going to the Adelaide show and eating hot donuts:)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.