Thursday, June 24, 2010

God Bless Australia

When Deborah judged in Israel, it was a reflection of the low spiritual and moral state of that nation that a woman should have rule over the men of Israel. God has, and does raise up women in desperate times. But what has happened to our country, once thought to be a christian nation? Where are the men of substance? Where are the leaders? These are indeed desperate time.

Lord, be merciful on our land and raise up Godly men that we might once again be a people which seeks after Thee. The nation that honours God, he will honour. Lord, do not forsake us.
We get the government we deserve. God help us.

Quentin Bryce, Anna Bligh, Julia Gillard.
History is made but at what cost?

13 comments:

  1. I'm almost at a loss for words... :/

    (Not with your post... rather the situation)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not so forlorn that a woman is PM as you seem to be, Ruby. I do wonder how kind history will be to PM Gillard, considering the manner in which she gained her position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am apalled ~ not that we have a female PM but at the manner in which this has occurred. Once could be an abberation, twice & it starts looking like a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In agree-ance with you Ruby, and also Ganeida's comment.

    What pivotal times we are in... I am so thankful to be in the Lord's care first and foremost...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being from the USA, I looked on CNN to read this: "Australia's new prime minister, Julia Gillard, said Thursday that she had respect for the leadership of her predecessor, Kevin Rudd, but moved to replace him because 'I came to the view that the government was losing its way.'"

    We have a sense here that our government is losing its way also. So many are unhappy on how slowly our government has acted on the BP oil spill in the gult of Mexico. But our elections are every four years.

    Without the Lord I would be losing my way--that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nothing new, it has occurred quite a few times e.g. between Bob Hawke and Paul Keating (it took two occasions to remove Hawke and was far more nasty). Politics is a ruthless game and if you aren't considered as performing you don't last long (in any party).

    And to the comment to the way J Gillard will be remembered - for what she achieves and not how she became PM.

    As to men in leadership - I was always taught to be separate from the world, including in Politics, therefore Christian men should not run for a seat in parliament as he would be becoming part of the "world". Anyway, having a Christian in power does not mean changes to the values of Australia - a single independent often can't do much to change things anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting idea Jo. I think that our politicians should return to christian values and that Godly men could influence our country for good. Government has become very worldly but it is a legitimate function in the world. I do believe in the seperation of church and state but not that God's laws don't apply in the state. It is man's greed and pride and turning from God which has made politics/ government nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intersting comments here. You'll notice that I'm afraid to say anything...yeah, yeah, whimpy of me. I'm with Susan - at a loss for words right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not whimpy ~ probably wise.
    I am already thinking I was a bit hasty in posting this morning and should have held off until I had heard more details and thought things through more.
    Still, the scriptural principles are there I believe.

    P.S. Girls, did my other post today come through the readers? Funny business on my end at blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'll Sing You a Song" post did not come through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feeling a bit in shock here too...at the way this has all transpired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Carol. That is the post which was behaving badly so I have reposted at http://mummasplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/dont-forget-lyrics.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could almost believe you were talking about America there for a second. I agree with you, and have pointed out to those who try to quote the verses about Deborah in favor of women in political offical, that it was not seen as a good thing - that indeed it was a judgement against Israel.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.