Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where did the baby go?


My older son was such a sweet miracle. He was born 10 weeks early and struggled for life. He grew into a fine healthy little man. He has never been too fussy about anything. He eats everything put in front of him, he usually does his jobs without too much drama, he would wear what ever clothes were clean and in the cupboard.....

Well , this week we went shopping and my now twelve year old prowled through the clothes racks. Too big for the kids clothes, checked out small mens (yikes!) I'll try this on, Mum. He NEVER used to want to try anything on in the shops. Yep, it fitted and he liked it.

So we get home and he is going through his pants to find a good match and a tee shirt to wear under and trying them on (again!) to see how the outfit looks. He goes to the mirror and has a full length look to see how his shoes go with the outfit!

{Sigh} It's all about being cool and saving for sunnies and high school now. Where did my baby go?

(Never too grown up to cuddle his nephew!)
_

9 comments:

  1. It goes so fast hey Ruby! My 2 yr old is toilet training at the moment..not long now and we'll no longer be needing to buy nappies! After 13 years that'll be different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Ruby. I'm wondering the same thing myself. Truly a bummer but so thankful we have eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. High School...oh dear. Isn't it all downhill from thirteen?

    Giggle!

    Wouldn't he model his new duds for us all to see and approve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying clothes on in the shop? Then actually matching his clothes? Whoa! That really is a big step .... and one I am glad my son hasn't quite got to just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens, girls, it just happens!

    Mum-me, he took me by surprise too! Watch out for Dragon behaving out of character.

    Jeanne, he is actually wearing the aforementioned shirt, tee shirt under, with jeans in the above photo. Little nephew is gazing at him approvingly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ruby, I think it's great that he cares about what he is wearing...very cute! Is he your youngest? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing older boys with a baby in their arms. So endearing. And, yes, time does fly so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your boys and their academic and spiritual education. Fun to see the preteen coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my - now I am wondering what my girls, especially my stubborn stubborn must wear my cossie everyday girl (oh she has been better lately...) will be like at that age. Perhaps we best stay out of the shops...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.