Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Blogger's Love Language




I recently celebrated my first blog anniversary. It got me thinking about what it is about both writing my blog and reading others, that I find so engrossing? What is it that keeps you writing? Why do you visit or follow certain blogs.

One of the things I enjoy the most is to both write and receive comments! It is the Love Language of Bloggers, ♥ words of affirmation ♥.

When I read a blog, if I do not agree or perhaps even find the content offensive, I try to ignore it. I don't enjoy blogs that put other people down or who have the gift of criticism! Move on. I probably won't drop in there again. I see no point in arguments and debating back and forth over the net. In real life, I might try to do the same. Except of course if a soul is in jeopardy, a loved one is in danger, a friend needs my support.

But when I read good articles, funny anecdotes, informative posts or just good family news, I love to comment. To encourage, to laugh along with the writer.

Best of all, when I have published a post, especially one that I have put some heart into I love to peek and see what visitors have to say. I do wish sometimes I had a more exciting blog {sigh}. One where there is a daily word of wisdom and encouragement or a side splitting story to share, but it is just me, the way I think and talk, sharing with you! and looking forward to my bloggy friends thoughts and responses.

You know, the long summer break is over but I am still in a very relaxed mode! I had thought about this love language topic weeks ago and could not even stir my grey matter enough to write about it. But in the absence of face to face contact, this is surely the most precious language to Bloggers. Don't you agree?

13 comments:

  1. Yep, I agree!!

    I love your blog. That's why I read it. It is full of inspiration, love and joy. It makes me feel good and it makes me laugh.

    I love your comments too. When you don't comment, I always wonder what I've said to upset Ruby!! (Don't you like cicadas?) You're my yard stick, and I love you for it.

    Thanks for blogging and being a part of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I can always find encouragement here, Ruby, which is why I keep coming back. I would really miss you if you quit blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, and I really like the way you keep us up with a message/passage you heard in church, or that is just on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to send a cyber hug to a very precious Ruby. (( )) I've been offline a bit more lately, and will probably remain that way -- so catch up less frequently, but I always so enjoy catching up on your news. You are in my daily thoughts and prayers, and news from a far country, from a friend who is a joy and an encouragement, is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow blogs that inspire, encourage, challenge and /or amuse me in both my home schooling journey and my walk with God and you fit right into that list. I have only been part of the blogging world for about 6 months but I love it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Whys of blogging are a mystery at times. I ask myself why on a regular basis - but I just can't seem to stop.

    Insipration/Encouragement/Challenge/some good laughs are what attracts me to someone's blog. And friendship.

    I love your blog here Ruby - especially your history thoughts and piccies .... I love learning a bit about Aussie history through a more personal touch.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning to all! Thank you for making my day special, today.

    Dear Jeanne,
    That is a lot of pressure! You know I love your blog. You get sooooo many comments. I am amazed, thrilled, scared that you notice if I don't comment! Bless you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful blog, Ruby. I don't always get to comment due to time commitments (and sometimes my dodgy computer not letting me) but I always like to read what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! I totally agree with your insightful wisdom in labeling the love language of bloggers as "words of affirmation."

    I love blogging because I can keep up with old friends across the country, make new friends around the world, and keep my family posted on life with my six monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever I turn on my computer I first check my email and then check for comments... it's definitely an encouragement :0) I think you're right about it being a blogger's "love language"!

    Though I confess that I read much more often than I comment...trying not to spend too much time at the screen.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your life with us through your blog. I always find encouragement here, which keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! I love your blog and find it interesting. I think we all have different tastes when it comes to interesting. Some blogs are just amazing and I am in awe - but I am who I am and my blog reflects that. So yours does with you.

    And it's *just right*.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.