
...and the serious fun of Home Education.
A home schooling friend was telling us how her friends proudly display pics of the children's first day at school. Crisp, spiffy new school uniforms with sharp looking hats and shoes and unmarked new back packs. So, she lined her children up on the lounge, that first morning back, and photographed them in their pj's ~ all ready to tackle the academic year!
We have started back to our academic year. And quite happily I might add. There is always that feeling of getting back into routine which can be a relief if things have gotten a little chaotic.
However, a few of us thought we would celebrate the beginning of 2010 with a few hours at the pool. As you can see the place is desserted aside from us since all the other children in town should be back at school this week. A lot of how-to books talk about avoiding Home School burn out, but I think we have that licked.... and we handle the socialization critics at the same time!Have a good week end all.
Fantastic Ruby :) That's one for Home schoolers I should think!
ReplyDeletehappy schooling in 2010 :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT start to 2010! :D
I'm sure that you'll have had a great week!
Blessings,
Jillian
http://footprintsdiary.com
I could go for swimming on a school day, but I live in the wrong latitude of this continent. Just out of curiosity, do your pools stay open year-round? Is your winter still warm enough to swim?
ReplyDeleteI am already praying for your school year. I am praying and believing that your boys will be reading well soon!
Bethany
Looks like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo! Did they all end up in or out once the pic was snapped?
ReplyDeleteI think all the "togged" kids ended up in. This was taken just before some were leaving and they are the ones dressed.
ReplyDeleteBethany,
ReplyDeleteAlthough our Winter is mild enough to swim, mostly, the public pools close from April to September. There are some heated pools which stay open all year round and of course the beach is always tempting on a warm winter's day:-)
Thanks for your prayers re the boys. We have made a slow but optomistic start, with these wonderful generous offers of help. God has truly answered my prayers!
I love the idea of the back to school photo of the kids in their PJs. That is priceless.
ReplyDeleteGreat picture. So, I am taking it your school year is different than ours. We go about September through May, and I always take June, July and August off. What's your school schedule?
ReplyDeleteHi Mindy,
ReplyDeleteYes, we follow the calendar for the academic year here. Our long Summer holidays run from first or second week in December to the last week of January. The states vary and home schoolers flex of course, but we usually follow close to the public school holidays with a two week break around Easter, June/July and September. This makes it basically two semesters with two terms each.
(Our financial year runs July to June BTW)