Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Special Anniversary Award

I was sent this nifty Blog Award by Carol to mark my anniversary.

Thank you, Carol (NewKidontheBlogg), for the award and for your lovely comments and encouragements since you have been reading here. Words of Affirmation, the Bloggers Love language.

I would like to pass this award on to all and any of my followers because you are all "superior scribblers".

I would especially like to bestow it on Jeana Marie at her Notebook blog, as she has recently confessed that she is a bone fide scribbler! I am envious as Jeana's scribbles actually come out looking like something ~ not just anything, mind, but the object she was actually sketching!

6 comments:

  1. You are most welcome and your blog is often a highlight of my day. I appreciate your friendship over the miles and continents more than you can know. Glad you are passing the award along to others.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs. Ruby,
    I'm Riah, my mom writes the Petticoat Junction blog. I was wondering if you could help me with something.
    I am doing a report on Australia and was trying to find out how many wildlife reserves Australia has. Momma suggested I ask you if you knew.

    Thanks,
    Riah

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Riah,
    Here are a couple of links. We have what we call National Parks, all over Australia. On them the flora and fauna are protected and you cannot remove anything from them. Also, they usually have picnic areas, camping and bush walking. You have to take out all your own rubbish when you leave.
    Some of the sites are huge areas of land or sea, like Uluru (Ayres Rock) or The Great Barrier Reef.Some are just a few hectares where perhaps an endangered species lives.

    http://www.atn.com.au/parks/parks.htm
    http://www.australiannationalparks.com

    the small city I live in Rockhampton, in Central Queensland has a Natinal Park on Mount Archer which is a great spot to go on a hot, humid day! About an hours drive away is Byfield National Park. We are on the bottom tip of tropical rainforest country so Byfield is also a pleasant spot to go.
    Many of Australia's protected sites are Heritage Listed meaning they have historical value and cannot be tampered with. Many are sacred or traditional sites to the Aboriginal people.
    Now, can I add that while I think we must care for God's great creation and seek to preserve animal and plant species, that I tend to think that the "greenies" have gone overboard here. A lot of good farming land has been reclaimed for National Parks and restictions on clearing and use are fairly strong.
    I am not sure how the U.S is with this but it causes a lot of disputes here. We are a huge country, much of it desert, and a great deal tied up in protected land.
    I hope those links of of help to you and you can google any of the particular sites as most are tourist spots as well.
    Just to add to the Aussie flavour, in my side bar are a couple of links to our flora and fauna etc.
    It is a great country to discover and my absolute pleasure to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it has dawned on me that you may have been looking for places like Australia Zoo, Western Plains Zoo. Any way, let me know and I can get links for them They are commercially run but preserve the wildlife at same time. Australia Zoo was founded by the Crodile Hunter, Steve Urwin .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Mrs. Ruby. I have been extremely interested in Australia for sometime, and love anything to do with it. Thank you for the links and for the information, it will help me a lot with my paper. I'll let you know how it turned out if you'd like.

    Many Thanks,
    Riah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I's love that Riah.
    Australia is a very beautiful and unique land. Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.